Anesthesia Veterinary Technician I, II or III
The AAHA accredited Anesthesia & Pain Management service is responsible for administrating anesthetics, and monitoring patients for all medical and surgical services of the Small and Large Animal Hospitals. The goal of this service is to provide the highest level of patient care with a focus on ensuring health and comfort pre-, intra-, and post-operatively. In addition to patient care, technicians on this service play a significant role in instructing veterinary students, fellow technicians, and other hospital personnel in the administration of anesthetics and the proper use of anesthesia equipment.
Duties are performed in various facilities within both hospitals including operating rooms, our state-of-the-art catheter lab, in conjunction with the Diagnostic Imaging service in the MRI, CT, and radiology suites, and in the dental procedures area of the Primary Care and Dentistry service. The ability to work with all services of both the Small and Large Animal Hospitals gives technicians the opportunity to work with a myriad of spaces including canines, felines, equines, and various exotic species, to name a few.
Candidates for this position should be:
- Flexible and able to work weekends or nights in an on-call capacity
- Have a working knowledge of anesthetic protocols and the machinery
- Able to accurately assess patient condition
- Capable of independent thinking
- Willing to be a team player and take direction as needed
- Able to communicate effectively with peers, students, and clinicians
- Able to multitask and prioritize the needs of the patient and service all while working in a potentially busy and stressful environment
Overall the UF Veterinary Hospitals are seeking technicians who are looking for an opportunity to specialize in veterinary anesthesia and pain management as a long term career choice.Advertised Salary:
$14.00 - $17.00/hour, commensurate with experience.Minimum Requirements:
Veterinary Hospital Anesthesiology Technician I:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or a graduate of a veterinary technology program.
Veterinary Hospital Anesthesiology Technician II:
Certification or licensure as a Veterinary Technician and two years of experience working as a veterinary technician providing surgical and/or anesthesia support.
Veterinary Hospital Anesthesiology Technician III:
Certification or licensure as a Veterinary Technician; active Veterinary Technician Specialist Certification in Anesthesia; and six years of experience working as an anesthesiology technician in private practice or four years of experience working as an anesthesiology technician in a veterinary academic teaching hospital.
- Credentialed veterinary technician and four years of veterinary experience in anesthesia
- Credentialed veterinary technician and VTS specialty certified in anesthesia
- Knowledge of animal care and nursing
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications
- Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in stressful situations
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities
This is a time limited position.
In order to be considered for this position you must upload a resume, cover letter, and list of references.
Applications should be submitted by 11:55 pm (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: Yes