Data Dynamics, Inc., is looking for a Technical Trainer to be responsible for providing product training to Data Dynamics customers and partners. Data Dynamics is a leader in solutions for the discovery, reporting, migration, and management of file-based storage.
The Technical Trainer position requires a very strong background in network attached file-based storage including recent hands-on experience managing EMC and/or NetApp storage devices, combined with the ability to develop and deliver course content for Data Dynamics products to a wide audience including: end-user, partner, and internal students.
The delivery of training courses may be done virtually or on-site at customer and partner locations, depending on requirements.
• Develop and deliver course content for company product training programs
• Create course content slides and instructor notes and continuously update and revise the training program and lesson plans as new product releases and features are developed
• Prepare accompanying virtual training lab environments by re-imaging the student environment in preparation for the next scheduled training class
• Provide instructor-led product training to employees, partners, and customers using both virtual and live delivery methods
• Assist with the development, narration, and recording of various product tutorial videos
• Work closely with the internal engineering/support teams to stay current with product changes and enhancements
• Strong background in preparation and delivery of technical training content
• Hands-on experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) - (EMC Isilon/VNX & NetApp)
• Hands-on systems administration ability with Microsoft Windows, Linux operating systems
• Hands-on experience with TCP/IP and DNS
• Hands-on experience of authentication protocols such as Active Directory, and NIS (LDAP a plus)
• Familiarity with virtualization technology (VMware, MS Hyper-V)
• Good fundamental and hands-on knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008/2012
• Expertise with MS Office (PowerPoint, Visio) and related presentation (WebEx) systems
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
• Demonstrable experience creating technical training content
• Ability to organize his/her own work and adhere to agreed schedules and deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with ability to articulate complex technology simply
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with customers, team members, and partners
• Strong analytical skills and good problem solving skills
• Bachelor's Degree preferred (technical background preferred)
• 5+ years relevant technical experience
• 2+ years relevant technical training experience
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team environment
• Ability to travel in support of multiple training and/or implementation initiatives required
• Strong balance between business minded mentality and ability to articulate technical solutions
Job Location: Houston, TX, United States
Travel Required: Yes - Domestic
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Post Created: 7/21/2016
To apply for a position, submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure to indicate the name of the position for which you are applying.
Data Dynamics provides an integrated, industry-leading storage management software platform designed to help enterprise and cloud IT service providers cost-effectively manage heterogeneous storage infrastructures, address the explosion of unstructured file data in enterprise environments, and move and manage file data between on-premise and private cloud environments.
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 06:45:40 PDT