Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management. The incumbent provides leadership in the development, implementation, and achievement of strategic recruitment, retention, and graduation goals of the College. The position oversees the administration of quality customer-oriented services in the Admissions and Recruitment, Financial Aid, and Learning Center units of the College in order to meet enrollment goals and objectives. The Assistant Dean also serves as the Coordinator for Title IX compliance. The incumbent provides advice and counsel to the Dean of Student Development Services regarding student attraction and retention.
This position reports to the Dean of Student Development Services and supervises the Director of Admissions, the Director of Financial Aid, and the Director of the Learning Center. Evening and weekend hours required. The position is classified as Academic Support Staff and the incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff Association.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel Services, Business Administration, Marketing, Higher Education Leadership, Enrollment Management or related field AND a minimum of three years of experience in areas of enrollment management/services, student records, registration, financial aid, or student support service, preferably in a community college setting OR a Bachelor’s degree and approximately five years of increasingly responsible management experience. Doctorate degree preferred.
- Experience with records security, student information systems, data tracking systems, and web-based information systems.
- Supervisory management experience.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of enrollment management theory and effective practice, including prospective student management, marketing, targeted recruitment efforts (including web-based applications and delivery), student success initiatives and retention strategies.
- Thorough understanding of the diversity of community college academic and certificate programs and the application of associated careers and job paths.
- Strong working knowledge of current higher education and enrollment trends, issues, strategies, regulations and compliance in the State of New York, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Thorough understanding of database management, student information systems (preferably Jenzabar EX), statistical data interpretation and the application of information technology to recruitment and retention programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop measurable outcomes and apply assessment strategies.
- Ability to compile data and prepare accurate reports.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and student success.
- Sensitivity to economic, cultural, and other issues relating to the challenges of college enrollment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and work effectively with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Ability to perform consistently under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of May 12, 2017. The hiring range for this position is $56,000 to $68,000. Please E-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College