Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
GMS Strategic Solutions, Inc.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Salary
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Treasury Director
Amount of Travel Required: 0%
We are seeking a motivated and organized professional looking for a great opportunity within a growing company. This position addresses monthly deadlines and performs a multitude of accounting activities including financial statement preparation, issue resolution, transaction analysis, preparation of internal communications, and year-end audit preparation and support. The Staff Accountant is expected to develop a working knowledge of requisite software and internal work flow/procedures. S/he has a direct responsibility for maintaining general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries and posting to the General Ledger, reconciling all general ledger accounts, and producing various accounting reports including monthly financial statements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Create monthly financial statements
- Analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and resolve discrepancies
- Create monthly accounts receivable statements and follow up on aged outstanding items
- Calculate and account for customer rebates
- Prepare quarterly and annual work papers as directed by corporate office
- Assist in annual audit
- File and pay sales tax monthly
- Maintain customer and vendor pricing within business software
- Manage all other accounting activities as directed
- Manage Accountant who processes AP and AR
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Full understanding of balance sheet and P&L interactions
- A thorough understanding of AP and AR
- Proficiency in Excel
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 150 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:12:34 PDT