The Product Manager will be responsible to manage the overall product strategy, product line profitability, product roadmap, and cradle to grave development of the Company's assigned products. They are expected to drive Innovation in the category to assure Unique Selling Propositions to gain competitive advantage. They will also working closely with other team members on key account programs and promotions, pricing and gross profit management, sales presentations and plan-o-gram development.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Product Manager will expedite product ideation, innovation and development objectives from conception through production to include design and development. In addition, they will ensure all timelines and cost measures are met and product parameters are satisfied.
- Conduct Product Line Reviews to establish overall product strategy, drive product line growth and profitability targets, establish product roadmaps and schedules.
- Partner with the management and marketing/sales to understand the business initiatives, product vision and company strategies.
- You would be working with in-house and outsourced design firms to interpret concepts through the development of computer aided designs to depict the desired product.
- In collaboration with other team members, develop product functional requirements and performance expectations to align with product brand objectives.
- Provide and manage product specifications to include: raw material standards, product dimensions, technical drawings, manufacturing process, assembly instructions, packaging direction, labeling requirements, and bill of materials.
- Work with consumer and industrial research data to understand and collect insights and marketplace interests and incorporate into product plan design.
- Ensure brand integrity through the development of product that continuously exceeds consumer expectations, aligns to pricing strategies, maintains consistency in brand quality across product categories and supports ongoing innovation and differentiation of the brand.
- Evaluate and approve product samples to ensure brand integrity is maintained and product is compliant to all federal guidelines as it relates to the product's performance.
- Ensure the timely resolution of all issues pertaining to the development and manufacturing of products. Conduct timely sample evaluations and ensure approval of all products leading to the issue of a final production specification.
- Work closely with External / internal Package Designer teams to ensure compliance to government regulations, proper packaging/labeling adherence and completeness of technical specifications and maintenance of pre-established quality standards.
- Partner with supply chain operations locally and overseas to provide technical product guidance and understand and review product manufacturing aspects.
- Understand benchmarks for specified owned brands to continuously evaluate and compare products to that of the competition and ensure product meets or exceeds the aesthetics and performance of the competitor's product.
- Analyze price models for base business and provide recommendations to Sales.
- Analyze account POS information and present relevant data to Sales/Marketing team.
- Perform financial analysis as needed, including CGS, Gross Margins, promotional analysis and syndicated data.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Solid experience in strategic product planning
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field
- Strong financial analysis and business acumen
- 3-5 years of successful product management experience.
- Successful "Cradle to Grave" product development experience.
- Experience and knowledge developing and managing products geared to consumer products usage and application.
- Experience working with cross-functional areas including graphics package design, sales, supply chain, outside design consultants.
- Good conceptual, creative and analytical skills
- Good financial skills and budgeting skills.
- Strong team player and ability to work with cross-functional teams and global colleagues.
Well-developed communication skills.
Led by flagship brands PEAK, BlueDEF and Final Charge, Old World Industries boasts a 40-year history of American ingenuity. Forty years of developing automotive and heavy duty products for the most extreme climates & working conditions that equal billions of miles on the road in big rigs and billions of hours of heavy equipment in the mines and on the farm.
Our founders, Tom Hurvis and Riaz Waraich, started the Old World Trading Company in November of 1973, trading chemicals during the petrochemical shortage. Their ambition, entrepreneurial spirit and American ingenuity fueled the creation and expansion of Old World Industries and the development of the PEAK, BlueDEF and PEAK Commercial & Industrial product families. In 2014, Founding Partner, Riaz Waraich passed away but left an ever lasting impact on Old World Industries. Riaz determination and ambition were instrumental in the growth of Old World Industries from a small operation to the Global Leader that exists today.
Constant research, development, and challenging traditional thinking has continued to fuel an expansive product lineup for 40 years.
Today, Old World Industries proudly provides automotive and heavy duty products to more than 60 countries around the globe.
Old World Industries has built a strong global relationship with its suppliers, customers and consumers based on decades of trust. With distribution in more than 60 countries and ties to all major retail outlets, business partners trust Old World Industries to deliver. And they do with a 99.3 percent on-time delivery rate.
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:58:53 PDT