Technical Project Manager
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Operations for Dover Motion, the Technical Project Manager is responsible for providing action-oriented leadership to drive the delivery of our motion solutions, all while ensuring that customer satisfaction and financial outcomes are maximized. This position requires the ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization, establish and execute to project schedules, clearly communicate project status, and manage project priorities and risks. This is a senior role with customer facing and team leadership responsibilities. The ideal candidate has a broad view and understanding of the product development process, effective experience leading multi-disciplined team efforts in the evolution of products from requirements definition, concept through testing and verification, and has experience managing large and small programs for quality of work and profitability through project planning and resource management activities.
Support of selling activities, including:
- Assist in generating new proposals and work closely with business development and discipline leaders to set strategy and support conversion process.
- Prepare detailed project schedules, expenditure estimates and resource plans.
Manage programs to highest standards of quality and delivery, including:
- Taking personal ownership of the project to ensure the solution is delivered on time, within budget and the customer is 100% satisfied with the outcome.
- Managing project related client contacts, including multi-stakeholder expectations of customer team and internal team, alignment of Dover Motion project team with proposal and contract commitments.
- Direct project team members in day-to-day activities and provide technical and program leadership.
- Approve designs and design changes, conducts final review of all commercial commitments with the Director, Commercial Operations.
- Reviews and recommends proposal changes if achievement of timescale, budget or adequate deliverable's is unlikely.
- Manages and tracks program P&L
Critical Success Factors:
- Willingness to go above and beyond to solve problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to interact with customers to ensure 100% transparency in project deliverables and time frames.
- Able to command the respect of and influence internal and external stakeholders across a wide spectrum of functions
- Strong, collaborative leadership presence amongst peers and subordinates.
- Ability to get things done in a matrix organization.
- Structured, process-based approach with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a keen awareness of project requirements and deadlines.
- Intelligent and articulate; proactive & enthusiastic; outcome oriented; nimble and quick-minded; unwilling to accept any unethical conduct or outcomes that threaten Dover Motion/Invetech/Fortive and its reputation.
- 10+ years' experience across a broad range of product development, engineering and design with 3+ years in project/team management experience
- A proven track record of leading complex projects with cross functional teams to highly successful outcomes.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Innate science and engineering aptitude.
- Sound judgment with ability to balance big picture thinking and appropriate attention to detail, with a risk management focus.
- Responsive and quick thinking with superior diagnosis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent skills in listening, persuading and negotiating.
- Advanced project cost and time management experience.
- Commercial and financial management experience.
- Consumer technology, medical device, or consumer healthcare background
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- Mechanical Engineering major strongly preferred
- 10% of overnight travel required for the position
- Business Development, Operations, Engineering, and Manufacturing teams
- Controller (Dover Motion)
- Director, Legal and Compliance (Invetech)
Dover Motion, A division of Invetech, Inc., is a subsidiary of Fortive Corp (NYSE: FTV) and we are revolutionizing the way things move! Our stages and electronic motion control brings quantum leaps in flexibility, precision, efficiency and reliability to applications as diverse as robots, medical instruments, metrology and packaging machines. Our breadth of products and brands are unmatched. Dover Motion's relationship with Fortive allows its associates access to competitive benefits, extensive training, and exciting development opportunities.
Invetech works with some of the world's most successful businesses creating products for diagnostic, cell therapy, industrial and consumer markets. With three hundred plus staff across sites in North America, and Australia, we are recognized as world leaders in the field of biomedical instrumentation development and manufacturing.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company, with a $6B portfolio of market-leading brands. We develop and deliver essential technology for the people who create, implement and accelerate progress. And we achieve this through our people. Our globally diverse team of 24,000 employees is united by a common culture rooted in Fortive Business System (FBS). Exceptional people thrive at Fortive because we build extraordinary teams for extraordinary results. We recruit, develop and retain the best talent available. We shape the future. We innovate to fuel our customers' success, building better businesses and propelling progress. We are driven to do better. We emphasize continuous improvement and nonstop learning. We are team-oriented. We work together, and we win together. We create an environment based on integrity and action, not politics and bureaucracy.
At Fortive, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We need the most talented people to keep progressing. Here you'll learn how FBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Invetech is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We support workforce diversity. We pay salaries commensurate with market value, and provide exceptional benefits.
Please apply online via our website at www.Invetech.com.au or www.dovermotion.com/about-us/careers
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:47:21 PDT