Product Design Engineer
The Design Engineer provides creative design, 3D design, and engineering support as requested by customer or production.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports the sales/engineering/manufacturing groups with the design of quality thermoformed products using 3D computer-aided design (CAD) software in a timely manner.
• Reviews engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
• Evaluates product, tooling and manufacturing processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
• Inspects and approves parts using calipers, micrometers, depth gages and other measuring devices.
• Utilizes knowledge of thermoforming concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Leads and directs the work of others.
• Maintains a high level of organization, creativity, and professionalism.
• Performs a variety of tasks as directed by manager to assure customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline preferred; Associate's degree required.
• 6-8 years experience in mechanical engineering; Solid Works experience required.
CERTIFICATIONS OR AFFILIATIONS REQUIRED
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Strong analytical thinking skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with co-workers at all levels of the organization.
• Strong decision-making skills with the ability to make critical judgments during the design stage.
• Strong project planning skills.
• Strong knowledge of plant and processing equipment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
KEY INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL CONTACTS
• Requires daily contact with employees in other departments.
• Requires weekly contact with external customers, vendors/suppliers.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking, standing, sitting, use of hands, and eyesight
- General office environment with minimal safety hazards.
- When working in the tool shop or manufacturing areas, all safety procedures must be followed.
- No heavy lifting required.
Tray-Pak Corporation is a leading source of thermoformed packaging solutions used in a wide range of industries, applications and locations throughout the world. Located in Reading, PA, Tray-Pak services customers throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico from two production facilities with over 175,000 square feet of manufacturing space. Tray-Pak offers dependable, consistent, and high-performing plastic packaging to our customers in a variety of industries for food, consumer goods, medical and industrial applications. At Tray-Pak, a solutions-based approach is used to design and manufacture quality thermoform packaging that is tailored to meet the specific needs of our customers.
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 05:26:57 PDT