Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. Incumbent is responsible for guiding and managing planning and assessment for the academic and student services functions of the college; oversight of administration and operations in the academic and student services functions of the college; and serving as the chief administrative officer in the president’s absence, as designated. The Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs provides direct supervision to the academic divisions (including 4 division chairs); Dean of Student Development Services; Director of Library Services; and a Senior Administrative Associate.
This position reports to the President and participates in the President’s Executive Council and Cabinet. It is classified Management Confidential.
- Doctorate degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Full-time teaching experience, preferably at the community college level.
- At least five years of progressively complex administrative experience at the level of dean or above.
- Experience directing curricula development.
- A commitment to a student-centered learning environment and to the comprehensive community college mission.
- An avid supporter of cultural and ethnic differences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and Assessment
- Consults with the President and other staff members concerning the short and long-range goals of the College.
- Assists supervisors in the development of unit plans, which are combined into the academic and student services plans.
- In consultation with faculty and student services personnel, develops, reviews and approves new programs and overall policies and procedures for the day-to-day operation of the instructional and student services activities.
- Establishes a mechanism for regular and on-going evaluation/program review and audit of academic programs and student services.
- Directs assessment in the instructional and student services units.
Administration and Operations
- Develops the budget for the instructional and student services unit.
- With the division chairs, develops the schedule of classes, faculty handbook and other published materials.
- Disseminates to the college community and maintains compliance with SUNY System policy and procedure.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of articulation and cooperative agreements.
- Maintains liaison with community groups and others important to but outside of the College.
- Serves on the Executive Committee of the Hudson Valley Educational Consortium
- Serves on the President's Cabinet and other councils and committees as designated.
- May chair the Curriculum Committee of the Faculty Council.
- Participates in the collective bargaining process as a member of the College’s negotiating team.
- Represents the President at meetings, conferences and other events as designated.
- Provides direction to and assists in the planning for and writing of grants directly related to the academic elements of the college.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of May 12, 2017. The hiring range for this position is $96,000 to $104,500. Please E-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
Apply for Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly