Position Name: Linux/Windows Engineer
Location: Bellevue, WA
Long Term Contract
Scope of Work: Linux/Network Admin Scope of Work: Unix/Linux Systems Administration. Responsible for providing advanced technical support, solving complicated technical issues associated with daily system administration, operations, repair and surveillance for multiple large scale Unix and Linux-based platforms in complex Operational Support System (OSS) network environments. Will work with representatives from multiple clients in support of meeting their Service Level Agreements for system availability and uptime, privileged account management, and system optimization and enhancement.
Perform Tier 2-3 System Admin support and troubleshooting functions for Managed Services customer's critical OSS infrastructure.
Collaborate with other operational staff to identify and resolve production-related issues on OSS network elements. Interpret, communicate and enforce customer security policies and standards.
Create and update documentation and job aids for new processes. s
Create and update Working Level Agreements (WLAs) with internal and external customers.
Support a 24/7 on-call rotation; potential for off-hours work.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. 5+ years of system administration experience with Unix (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, etc) and/or Linux including: System / Applications / OS / DB Performance monitoring; systems upgrades, package installation, and configuration; hardware troubleshooting; storage/disaster recovery/backup.
• Familiarity with regular expressions and scripting languages such as sh, ksh, bash, perl, and python are a plus. Technical understanding of large, complex TCP/IP networks.
• Experience with Virtualization solutions, LDOMs, and VMWare a plus.
• Familiarity with HP Blade Chassis and HP hardware.
• Familiarity with Storage Area Networks (SAN)
• Supports the day to day availability and performance of operational support systems. Proposes and implements complex system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and
reliability of the system. Manages the configuration of the system. Supports the rollout of complex projects that impact operational support systems.
• Experience with administration of UNIX based operating systems and hardware including Solaris, Linux, AIX and HP-UX
• Experience with configuring and managing system virtualization solutions including ESX, LDOMs, ZONES and LPARs
• A good understanding of high availability / clustering software solutions and the hardware design concepts to support them.
• Understanding of project management principles and is motivated to deliver quality work and leadership on project implementations
• Experience using general office applications in order to perform normal daily work assignments
• Basic understanding of IT system services including but not limited to networking of Enterprise Systems, Operating Systems, Database and web services.
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to troubleshoot and isolate moderate to complex system/application issues for Linux based operating systems and hardware
• Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems assigned
• Knowledge in writing automation shell scripts for UNIX for maintaining the health of servers and processes.
• Excellent soft skills are required in communication, leadership, teamwork, and teambuilding; written and oral communication/presentation, decision-making, risk assessment/management and crisis management.
• Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects.
Object Technology Solutions Inc. (OTSI) is a leading Global Information Technology (IT) Services and Solutions company offering a wide array of Solutions for a range of key Verticals. Building on a core competency of efficient technology infrastructure outsourcing, the company is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, and has a strong presence in US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
OTSI offers a broad range of IT application solutions and services including; e-Business solutions, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation and Post Implementation Support, Application development, Application Maintenance, Software customizations services.
Today, our solutions provide strategic advantage to several fortune 1000 organizations in the world. We have long-standing and vibrant partnerships with several companies across the world.
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:08:25 PDT