Adjunct Faculty: Criminal Justice and Public Safety Department
Category: Adjunct Faculty
Department: Criminal Justice and Public Safety Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Mar 30, '17
Type: Adjunct Faculty
Ref No.: ADJ
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
- Teach courses in Criminal Justice as assigned
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills and enhance understanding
- Develop instructional materials consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies
- Maintain expertise and currency in area of teaching responsibility
- Availability to teach weekdays between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice, Ph.D. in a related field or J.D. from an accredited Law School. Candidates with a J.D. must be a member of the Bar in good standing.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- College-level teaching experience required; community college teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to teach Criminal Justice courses including, but not limited to, Introduction to Criminal Justice, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Evidence and Court Procedure, Street Law and Introduction to Corrections.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE ADJUNCT ACADEMY PRIOR TO BEING ASSIGNED COURSES.
Salary: $1,066.00 per credit hour
Effective Date: Fall Semester 2017; Open until filled.
Submit a Cover Letter Addressing the Required Qualifications, Resume and Contact Information for 3 References through the URL: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment. Fax transcript files over 2MB's to (617)-228-3328.