Administrative Coordinator - Anthropology
The Administrative Coordinator will assist the Hunter College Chair of the Anthropology Department in administration of department functions, procedures, records, payroll, budgets, expenditures, requests and orders of support and supplies. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain efficient office procedures and methods. Serve as liaison to the Chair.
- Produce and distributes key, complex management documents and reports with a high degree of accuracy, especially with regards to personnel-related matters, scheduling, and budget projections and allocations.
- Administer special projects, events, and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
- Supervise and coordinate the duties of clerical and part-time personnel such as office assistants and student aids.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a sound knowledge of best practices related management of records, including preservation and protection (familiarity with FERPA guidelines)
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and research skills
- High degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team setting with diverse staff of all levels
- Detail oriented, self-directed, motivated, and proactive
- Basic experience with MS Access, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat (create PDF forms and templates), MS Word, MS Excel (charts & graphs), and MS Outlook
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with qualification and experience ($38,701 - $70,215).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin April 13, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Anthropology
Job ID: 16561
Full/Part Time: Full-Time