Professor, Mathematics (Temporary/Full-Time) Beginning Fall 2017
Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for a temporary full-time Mathematics Professor in our Mathematics Department beginning Fall Term 2017. This position is non-bargaining and not on track for continuing contract; however comes with excellent benefits. We are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic teaching applicants who exhibit a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and the demonstrated ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee fully paid health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
1. Master’s degree in Mathematics OR Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Mathematics or Statistics from a regionally accredited institution (Mathematics Education courses cannot be counted, unless the course content is the same as a course normally found in a graduate Mathematics program).
2. Teaching experience.
1. Demonstrated understanding of the learning centered approach to teaching desired.
2. Experience utilizing technology and innovative pedagogy, such as online homework delivery systems, to deliver exceptional teaching and learning desired.
3. Teaching experience at the college level desired.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the fully completed online application by 11:59 PM on April 30, 2017:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
For more information about this opportunity please contact Meribeth Colicci, Assistant Director, Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.