University of Delaware
Job Title Communications Specialist
Job ID 104511
Location Newark, DE
Pay Grade: 29E
Deadline: Open until Filled
The University of Delaware Office of Admissions marketing team seeks an experienced and creative communications professional to expand the University's reach and influence to prospective first-year, international and transfer students. Employing a variety of communication channels, the writer will play a significant role in implementing the department's overall communications strategy. Applicants should have strong writing experience with print, web and social media and thrive in an environment of collaboration and innovation. In addition to outstanding skills as a writer, the office seeks someone with a commitment to the ideals of higher education and to supporting the shared values and strategic priorities of the department and the University.
- Develop written content for various applications including print, email, social media and web to meet the goals of the recruitment and marketing plans of the Office of Admissions and the University of Delaware.
- Manage, edit and enhance internal and external communications to various stakeholders.
- Work with colleagues from the various academic and administrative units to gather facts, generate stories, and innovate content to promote the attributes of the University.
- Assist in enhancing and maintaining content for the Office of Admissions website.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of the yearly communications and marketing strategic plan.
- Create and post content for social media; provide and enforce social media SOPs for the department
- Identify opportunities for innovative messaging and emerging platforms
- Understand the target audience intended for the message; be able to maintain UD style, tone, voice and brand. • Assist with proofing and editing as directed.
- Additional duties as assigned including occasional travel, evening and weekend work.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of direct or related experience.
- Experience in Journalism/Public Relations, communication, marketing, advertising or related field.
- Effective writing, editing and oral communication, and organizational skills are essential.
- Experience in promotional writing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, presentation and content management tools (e.g. Adobe Creative suite,
- Photoshop, PowerPoint, Prezi and Adobe Acrobat).
- Experience in a college admissions office preferred.
- Ability to present effectively to small and large groups required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community required.
- Knowledge of student recruitment, retention issues and admissions standards are preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, to work independently, and to work as a team member to achieve common goals required. Ability to exercise sound judgment independently is required.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel required.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html