Chemistry Lead Instructor
Job Summary: To develop, in each student, the skills of critical thinking and to help students learn chemistry presented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community. Duties include the coordination of chemistry courses and adjunct instructors.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Teaches a minimum twelve (12) credit hours per semester or equivalent service in the area of chemistry. This may include evening instruction.
2. Teaches freshman and sophomore level chemistry lectures and laboratories.
3. Assists and coordinates the preparation of laboratory materials and chemicals.
4. Maintains an accurate inventory of chemicals.
5. Assists coordination of chemical safety procedures and appropriate chemical storage.
6. Maintains student and course records.
7. Coordinates the collection of appropriate course and program assessment data as per division policy.
8. Maintains and files current course outlines, objectives and grading procedures for all courses.
9. Advises and assists students in selecting appropriate academic courses.
10. Posts and keeps office hours as per departmental standards.
11. May serve as lead instructor for the coordination of adjunct faculty and associated duties.
12. Assists in the design/revision of courses and curricula.
13. Serves on special projects and committees.
14. Participates in faculty/staff development through format course work, seminars, workshops, professional organizations, or professional literary material.
15. Exhibits innovative and adaptive instructional methods.
16. Provides continuing education experiences for the community.
17. Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
18. Other related duties as assigned.
Hiring Range:(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate