Associate Professor - Respiratory Care
Classification/Class Code: Instructor (UG70 )
Position/Slot Number: 122694/0016
Pay Grade: Commensurate with education/experience
Posting Date: 03/15/2017
At Horry Georgetown Technical College we’re innovators that cultivate students to deliver the future. We do this through utilizing cutting-edge technology and providing state-of-the-art training in such demanding job markets as Cisco networking, natural resources management, engineering, culinary arts, and many health related fields. Now is your chance to join our talented community and become a member of one of the most progressive community colleges in South Carolina!
Known for our innovative technologies, interactive classroom settings, offering more than 80 programs, we are cultivating the next generation of nurses, engineers, machinists, culinary artists, or students bridging their education to a 4 year university.
As an integral part of our team, you play a role for this institution to deliver high quality instruction for almost 7,000 curriculum students. We seek candidates to contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse audiences in education.
The Associate Professor is responsible for, but not limited to, Teaching Performance; Curriculum/Instructional Development and Management; Student Advisement; College and/or Community Service; and Professional Development.
- Teaching Performance: Provide students with course materials including syllabus, grading/attendance policy, and other relevant information in a timely manner; relate instructional materials, discussions and all course activities to course objectives; demonstrate effective instructional methodology as documented on the class visitation form; use practical examples and illustrations; pace the instruction over the semester; provide students with timely evaluations; provide evaluation results in a timely manner; relate evaluations to course objectives; follow acceptable department and college grading policies. Assist in the planning process of developing program course outcomes and assessments.
- Curriculum / Instructional Development and Management: Develop and maintain course documentation; review and select textbooks; maintain appropriate materials for courses taught; schedule class and lab times effectively; continuously improve curriculum, instructional techniques, and integrate best practices of instructional delivery. Submit reports in a timely manner; maintain accurate records; manage the classroom environment for effective learning.
- Student Advisement: Maintain and publicize required office hours and availability; refer students to other persons for appropriate assistance; maintain appropriate records; meet with students in a timely manner; display sensitivity to students’ needs and problems; advise students appropriately, based on their career plans and academic needs.
- Schedule first and second year clinical rotations.
- Supervise clinical adjunct instructors.
- Conduct site visits.
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution accredited by regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education AND associate degree either in Respiratory Care or an Associate of Science with a Respiratory Care major or AAS with a Respiratory Care major from an academic institution accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; A valid NBRC RR credential; a current SC state license; a minimum of four full-time years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with at least two full-time years’ experience in clinical respiratory care; a minimum of two years’ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program.
Who We Are
Horry Georgetown Technical College is a dynamic and progressive multi-campus comprehensive community/technical college serving Horry and Georgetown counties in the northeast region of South Carolina, with campuses in Conway, Georgetown and Myrtle Beach. The three campuses are located near the center of South Carolina’s “Grand Strand,” a 60-mile coastline extending between the North Carolina border and historic Georgetown, South Carolina.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Horry Georgetown Technical College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Horry Georgetown Technical College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Horry Georgetown Technical College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.