Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Center for Research in Reproduction
Posting Date: 03-30-2017
The Center for Research in Reproduction at the University of Virginia is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to perform clinical research duties, including human subject recruitment and scheduling, analysis of clinical research projects, maintaining appropriate logs, tracking study participants, and assisting in the preparation of documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials.
This position works under the direction of the principal investigators and receives assistance and supervision with respect to the details of all assignments, including regulatory controls, study procedures, data management, and protocol compliance and development.
This position works with the PIs, research subjects, IRB, University, regulatory agencies, and the NICHD to ensure the smooth and accurate progress of the Center's clinical research team from the planning stage through completion and post-study closure. Current research investigations pertain to adult and adolescent studies of polycystic ovarian syndrome and the hormonal abnormalities present in subjects with the disorder (approximately 7-8% of females of reproductive age).
Candidates for this position need to be able to interact effectively with adolescents, as well as adults, in order to assess and assign subjects to the most appropriate protocol.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Interested applicants may apply to be considered for either a Clinical Research Trainee or a Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-licensed. Title and salary will depend on qualification and experience.
To be considered for the Clinical Research Trainee position, candidates need a Bachelor's degree. After one year of employment, the Clinical Research Trainee will be evaluated based on criteria included in the offer letter for possible promotion to the next level, contingent upon funding.
To be considered for the Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-licensed position, candidates must have a Bachelor's degree and at least one year of clinical trial research experience. Basic science experience may be considered in lieu of clinical trial research experience. Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) certification and at least four years of additional professional experience may be considered in place of degree.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced knowledge of human subjects research ethics.
2. Advanced knowledge of IRB procedures and submission process along with the federal regulations of working with human subjects
3. Demonstrated ability to perform technical, analytical, and professional level work
4. Considerable knowledge of scientific principles and research methodology.
5. Proficient knowledge of medical terminology associated with diseases/conditions under study and Good Clinical Practices for research
6. Ability to analyze and organize work procedures and to identify and resolve problems.
7. Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
8. Proficient keyboarding skills.
9. Ability to sort and compile data.
10. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage large volumes of information
11. Flexibility and ability to adjust to changing priorities
12. Ability to work independently
13. Ability to learn new information under supervision of others.
14. Ability to interact effectively with adolescents, as well as adults, in order to assess and assign subjects to the most appropriate protocol. 15. Ability to work with a diverse community of people.
16. Ability to relate to people in a wide variety of professional levels.
17. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
18. Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
19. Demonstrated ability to learn and effect the organization, policies and procedures associate with clinical research.
20. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81503