Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Hem/Onc/Bone Marrow Transplant
Professional Research Assistant (Clinical Research Assistant)
Position #0732426 - Requisition #09005
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Professional Research Assistant. This position will be in the Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, in the Section of Hematology, Oncology, and BMT. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position is primarily responsibilities are to implement the clinical research, specimen collection, processing, and tracking for the Center's thrombosis, stroke and brain injury, and bleeding disorder research projects, both pediatric and adult. This person will be responsible for providing services for persons enrolled on studies or those eligible for hemophilia, thrombosis, and any coagulation-related research studies.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Participate in adult and pediatric thrombosis, stroke/brain injury and hemophilia research projects.
- Assist with study coordination.
- Complete study-related documentation such as source documents and adverse event reports.
- Maintain required records of study activity including case report forms, drug dispensation records, and other regulatory forms.
- Maintain proficiency performing specific protocol procedures such as informed consent process, interviewing subjects, and taking vital signs.
- Maintain proficiency in blood sample processing.
- Perform data entry for study projects.
- Assist team members in completing assignments to accomplish team objectives and outcomes.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- B.S. /B.A. degree in science, social sciences, or related area.
- 3-Months prior clinical or laboratory experience in Hemophilia and Centers for Disease Control research projects.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Must be willing and able to pass a sex offender background check
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to learn and become proficient in new processes, technology, systems, and procedures.
- Ability to perform conscientious and meticulous in data extraction and entry
- Skilled in communicating effectively.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with sponsors, clinical research officers, and other team members.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner.
- Ability to respond positively and make adjustments to meet new or unanticipated work challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Works well in a team environment and independently.
- Enjoys learning new skills and willingness to become comfortable in a clinical environment
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $35,000-$70,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Questions should be directed to Donna Oscepinski - email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by April 7, 2017. Those who do not apply by April 7, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9005
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20877 - SOM-PEDS Hematology-Onc-GenOps
Posting Date: Mar 30, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Donna Oscepinski
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732426