Sr. Software Engineer - Software Systems
In response to continued demand for our services, Yardi Resident Screening is looking for a Senior Engineer, Software Systems to join our growing team in Waltham, MA. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, you will be a core member of our engineering team. You will leverage your analytical problem solving skills to support and enhance our Linux based systems utilizing your solid Java programming skills, database skills and knowledge of open source tools.
- Work with stakeholders to help define and document business requirements
- Perform development tasks including architecture, database design, and coding on assigned projects.
- Contribute to general regression testing on the system.
- Participate on installs and provide on-going production support and remediation.
EDUCATION/ESSENTIAL SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/REQUIREMENTS
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in Software Development, System Engineering, Systems Architecture, and Software Systems Development.
- Passion for understanding and documenting business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to contribute to ongoing systems architectural improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as being a team player.
- 5+ years of experience working on multi-tiered web application architecture
- 5+ years supporting and developing production systems using Linux, Java, JSP, servlets, Tomcat, JBoss, web services, and relational databases like PostgreSQL or Oracle.
- Experience with 3rd Party API Integration (web services,...)
- Solid object oriented skills and conceptual understanding
- Thorough understanding of the full product development lifecycle through design, development, testing, rollout, and support as well as use of TFS
- Ability to participate in project and technical design reviews.
- Experience with distributed systems architecture, web services, Unix/Linux, Apache/Tomcat, and Eclipse IDE.
- Proven track record delivering mission critical web applications.
- Experience with system interfaces to public and private vendors for credit, criminal and other background check database systems is a plus.
- Ability to work with multi-site and off-shore development teams.
- Availability for occasional night, weekend, and holiday work assignments.
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job
Yardi Systems is a successful independent software company with a proven history of growth and market leadership in the multi-billion dollar global commercial real estate industry. We employ talented, motivated and innovative people that are focused on delivering superior solutions our clients and are passionate about working with other highly skilled professionals in team environments.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a winning team, work with the latest Microsoft technologies and develop your career, then Yardi Systems is the place for you. We have a pleasant and casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun.
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 08:45:17 PDT