JOB NO.: 90182-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: VCRGE/ADMIN/RESEARCH SERVICES
Categories: Grant, Research, Contract Management, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90182-AS
Working Title: Post-Approval Monitor
Official Title: ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A340275-VCRGE/ADMIN/RESEARCH SERVICES
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 19, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's or master's degree in related science field or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Well-qualified applicants will have the following experience:
1. At least one year experience conducting or providing oversight of human subjects research in a university setting. Research coordination or monitoring experience is preferred.
2. Knowledge of the rules (laws, regulations, guidance, and policies) related to the protection of human subjects, such as the Common Rule, Food and Drug Administration regulations, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Good Clinical Practice, and university human subjects research policy.
3. Demonstrated experience using strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
4. Experience communicating and collaborating with others such as faculty, researchers, administrators and graduate students.
5. Experience working diplomatically and tactfully with high level faculty and staff.
6. Strong administrative skills, including ability to work independently, adhere to deadlines, maintain confidentiality and stay organized.
7. General understanding of social and behavioral or biomedical research processes.
8. Experience organizing and conducting educational efforts.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education (OVCRGE) is responsible for research oversight, including the administration of over $1 billion in extramural research support, and assuring compliance with federal, state, and University research regulations and policies. The Office of Research Policy is contained within the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education and was established to support and interface with a variety of research activities, including the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP).
UW-Madison has three Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) that review human subjects research. This position is responsible for conducting post approval review of research studies approved by campus IRBs to ensure compliance with the protocol, university policies, and relevant regulations along with educating the campus community about human subjects research compliance. This position will report to the Quality Assurance Program Manager, who reports through the Director of the Office of Research Policy and Compliance to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click "Apply Now" to begin the application process. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume highlighting their experience as it relates to this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 30 Mar 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 5 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time