Procurement Card Administrator
Procurement Card Administrator
Posting Number: 20171308S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 435-Procurement Office
This Procurement Card Administrator manages the University Procurement Card Program. This includes but is not limited to: supervising the day-to-day operations of the program; providing customer service and training for cardholders; auditing credit card transactions for compliance with University policies; and communicating with Bank of America regarding fraudulent/disputed charges and cardholder issues
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform audits on all cardholder transactions and expense reports in Concur; monitor Procurement Card activity and usage patterns; investigates unusual charges and recommends appropriate action. The position is responsible for following up with cardholders on any questionable charge and clarifying all issues with departmental supervisors.
- Prepare, run, and review various reports in Excel, Bank of America Works, and Cognos on a daily basis.
- Serve as reference helpdesk for cardholder questions and assisting cardholders with various issues. Provide training over-the-phone and in-person.
- Create, modify, suspend, and/or cancel cardholder accounts as needed during normal business hours and off hours. Must be available to handle 24-hour / 7-day emergency calls as needed.
- Propose, write, and implement policy and procedure changes as part of continuous improvement of the Procurement Card Program. Ensure that all policies and procedures are strictly followed.
Prepare weekly transaction uploads for the Banner Finance System of all approved card transactions.
- Serve as the liaison between the University and the credit card provider. Provide testing and assist in the development of ongoing card software upgrades and enhancements.
- Performs other duties and assists with projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years office experience with computer applications and a working knowledge of Accounts Payable/Procurement, along with general knowledge of Procurement Card procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems. Ability to handle high volume of activity with high degree of accuracy, and strong data entry skills. Ability to work with limited supervision; self-motivated.
- 2 years business school preferred. Certified Purchasing Card Professional certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Concur and Bank of America Works systems. Knowledge of Microsoft applications, including creating Excel spreadsheets for card spend and usage information. Experience with financial software, preferably Banner. Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures as related to Procurement Cards. Knowledge of credit card usage patterns and associated regulations, guidelines, and standards. Ability to develop and present training both in-person and online. Knowledge of Salesforce software is also preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 03/29/2017
Closing Date (12am ET): 4/19/2017
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: G
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10929
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.