Parent Outreach Coordinator - Denver
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health | Integrated Nutrition Education Program
Parent Outreach Coordinator
Position # 698818 - Requisition 09040
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Integrated Nutrition Education Program has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Parent Outreach Coordinator position.
This class series describes technical assignments. Technical work is skilled work in the practical application of specialized techniques, procedures, practices, or methods in order to accomplish tasks. The specialized work is a direct extension of a professional field which requires an understanding of that field in order to carry out the practical nature of the work.
The Integrated Nutrition Education Program (INEP) within the Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center (RMPRC) in the Colorado School of Public Health at the University of Colorado Denver has an opening for a full-time University Staff (non-classified) position as a Parent Outreach Coordinator (PRC) - Denver. This position will responsible for providing parent outreach and support in the high free and reduced schools nutrition classes offered by CSU-Extension paraprofessional and/or Colorado Cooking Matters; programs. Main duties in this position are: recruitment and coordination of parent classes, liaison and key contact between parents, schools, educators, and CSU/Cooking Matters, promote nutrition classes, and overall collaboration with INEP staff.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position is $38,888 to $47,832 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is/is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Two (2) years of community outreach work.
Substitution: Two years of college, university or non-correspondence school course work related to the work assignment may substitute for the required experience.
Conditions of Work
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Must be able to drive personally own vehicle to conduct site visits (State mileage reimbursement is available).
- Must maintain a valid Colorado driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings, before school starts and after school ends, staying within allotted hours per week.
- Must be able to comfortably lift 40 pounds and perform minimal physical tasks.
- 2 years of experience working in a professional office as a team, including event coordination and/or community outreach.
- Experience in public school or community nutrition/health programs
- Experience in adult education coordination
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills on the phone and in-person.
- Highly organized, conscientious, hard-working, and able to work as part of a team.