Dental Care III
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at *
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Dental Care III
Position #211955- Requisition 09032
The purpose of this full-time, state classified Dental Care III position is to oversee the work of the assigned Dental Care staff to ensure all guidelines, policies and procedures in dental assisting in a clinical setting are followed. This position is responsible for the training of Dental Care staff and coordinating their work assignments. This position will share responsibility for the General Practice operations, including the quantity and quality of the work outcomes. In addition to the lead worker responsibilities, this position has responsibility for providing chair side dental assistance to the undergraduate dental students and faculty, supervising dental assistants and coordinating work assignments and conducting annual performance evaluations. Coordinating instrument management and dispensing dental disposables and supplies utilizing appropriate database. Ordering, tracking, dispensing, and maintaining inventory of dental implant components in support of related procedures. Ensuring sterilization and infection control protocols are followed in support of instrument management and patient care. Maintaining proper records of all equipment testing to ensure proper procedures are followed.
Examples of Worked Performed:
- Supervise all full-time Dental Care I & II positions and student interns.
- Coordinate work assignments to ensure a timely and efficient schedule of patient treatment in the 2nd floor CU Dental Team Care Clinic.
- Approve request for leave.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and mid-year progress reviews; create annual performance plans for classified staff under supervision.
- Recommend corrective and disciplinary actions for supervised employees, if necessary.
- Management of the dental instrumentation program to ensure proper inventory, dispensing and tracking of dental instrumentation in support of clinic operations.
- Ensure that all sterilization and infection control procedures are followed in accordance with set policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain all disposables, dental material and supplies in support of clinical operations.
- Provide and assign dental assistants clinical chair-side assisting of patients in routine settings.
- Assist undergraduate students and faculty in all specialized areas of four-handed dentistry and other related procedures.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $3,470 - $3,827 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at .
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of dental assisting experience, which included at least 6 months functioning in a work lead or supervisory role. Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application. SUBSTITUTION: Successful completion of an accredited dental assisting program may substitute for one year of experience. NOTE: If exercising the education substitution, applicants MUST attach a copy of their dental assisting certificate to their application materials no later than the closing date listed in the announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
*Must be willing and able to exert up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
*Must be willing and able to crouch and stoop on occasion.NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess current valid CPR and/or BLS certification. Proof of certification MUST be attached to application materials no later than the closing date listed in the announcement. Failure to do so may prevent you from competing in subsequent measures used to arrive at a top group of applicants. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Experience in sterilizing and dispensing dental tools, instruments and equipment. * Experience ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies and materials. * Experience training staff and functioning as a resource to others. * Experience working with students and faculty in a higher education and/or academic medical environment. * Experience working in a high-volume dental environment