General Description of Position:
PROGRAM COORDINATOR FOR FOOTBALL: Management of the former player program (Golden Cat Program); interview, hire, schedule, train and oversee student assistant staff; serve as liaison to NFL scouts and maintain NFL college portal; manage pro scout calendar and all pro day communication; assist with management of all home game operations and bowl week preparations; provide administrative support to assistant coaches and operations staff; and other duties as assigned.
· Direct, oversee and administer all aspects of the former player program (Golden Cats) by developing programs to support and promote former player involvement, develop former player outreach and communication plans, facilitate Golden Cat membership recruitment and renewal process, organize and execute former player reunions and maintain former player database, and direct the development of the Golden Cat website by developing and maintaining social media platforms for former players, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.;
· Interview, hire/fire, schedule, train and oversee the daily supervision of 6-8 student assistants and volunteers;
· Liaison to NFL scouts, maintain up-to-date information on NFL college portal, manage pro scout calendar and all pro day communication;
· Assist in management of home game operations including but not limited to coordinating support staff pre-game meals, managing football staff family pass list, managing former player pre-game sideline access, and coordinating annual senior day reception;
· Assist with bowl week preparations by coordinating former player reunion, overseeing staff child care program, and coordinating family activities;
· Provide administrative support to assistant coaches and operations staff;
· Oversee Vanier Football Complex facility tours;
· Oversee office supply inventory and maintain office equipment;
· Other duties as assigned.
This job description includes the expectation of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
Bachelor's Degree, or four (4) years of related experience can be substituted for degree
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· Program creation and management experience
· Experience interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training and supervising hourly workers
· Experience successfully setting up and using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media accounts
· Three years of experience successfully providing administrative support to employees within an organization
· Excellent knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook programs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please complete the KSU on-line application, and upload a letter of introduction and resume that contains contact information for three professional references.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Screening of Applications Begin:
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Follow the link to find out more. "EEO is the Law" Poster.
Kansas State University actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to The Principles of Community which can be found at https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. Kansas State University complies with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
K-State Athletics website: http://www.kstatesports.com/
With an unprecedented combination of Championship Athletic Performances and academic accomplishments, K-State Athletics Inc. is accelerating towards its Vision of a Model Intercollegiate Athletics Program, including its top goal of providing a World Class Student-Athlete Experience. In support of K-State's 2025 plan to move the Kansas State University into the ranks of the top 50 public research institutions, K-State Athletics has completed $210 million in facility improvements since 2010 benefiting each of K-State's 16 sports and 450 student-athletes, while earning national recognition as one of America's most financially solvent programs.
Manhattan has been recently ranked #19 in "Best Small Cities (under 75,000 population) in the U.S. by NerdWallet.com for Quality of Life, Economic Health, and Affordability, while Livability.com named Manhattan the #1 College Town in America.