GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director or designee, the Carpentry Specialist maintains records, and functionally supervises carpenters in installations, repairs, modifications and maintenance of walls, doors, window jams, flooring, ceilings, cabinets and any and all hardware necessary to complete these tasks.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functional supervision and instruction of others in installation and maintenance methods.
- Maintain records and pertinent data.
- Maintain spare parts inventory and anticipating future needs.
- Update preventive maintenance procedures.
- Ensure materials and equipment requirements are at site to complete work in an efficient manner.
- Installs, repairs, modifies, and maintains walls, doors, window jams, flooring, ceilings, cabinets and any and all hardware necessary to complete these tasks.
- Ability to layout and install doors as in masonry and drywall partitions.
- Ability to layout and install acoustical ceiling systems and resilient flooring.
- Hang doors, install and repair windows flashing and expansion joints.
- Ability to construct laminate covered cabinetry and install these and other forms of pre-manufactured cabinetry.
- Ability to erect and dismantle modular furniture panel systems.
- While in the performance of routine duties, may be required, as needed, to perform all work associated with all maintenance trades of an equal or lower graded classification; where the work or task does not require a specific license.
- Perform other duties as required
- Trade school diploma, or equivalent experience
- 3 years working at a Journeyman level
- Knowledge of power tools used in carpentry trade.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions particular to the trade.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and sketches, and working from oral or written instructions.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations