- Create innovative exterior and interior lighting systems for Automotive, Commercial Vehicles, and Recreational Vehicles using incandescent, HID, and LED light sources.
- Ensure that optical designs can be tooled, manufactured, and meet legal and customer requirements within defined tolerances.
- Perform feasibility, and benchmark studies to support quotes, and future marketing.
- Analyze off-tool parts, perform root cause analysis, and assist in certification of lamps.
- Interface pro-actively with Design Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Tooling Engineers, and Customers.
- Define and understand legal market requirements for vehicle lighting including: FMVSS 108, ECE, CCC, and SAE standards.
- Assist in design of manufacturing tools, fixtures and processes that are required to build and service the optical sub-systems.
- Evaluate parts, optical testing related equipment and vendors related to optical development of lamps.
- Review all engineering designs that interact with the optical subsystems of company products.
- Optimize designs to improve beam characteristics and overall optical efficiency.
- Evaluate and characterize secondary optical solutions and customer lighting fixtures using optical instrumentation such as a goniometer, optical comparator, spectrometer etc.
- Generate clear and detailed documentation.
- Work closely with Engineering teams to find solutions to next generation products
- Work with Manufacturing to diagnose complex issues with the company's products.
- B.S. in Engineering or Applied Physics.
- 4+ yrs. Illumination Optical Design (non-imaging) experience; LED experience highly preferred.
- Must have LucidShape or similar optical design software experience.
- CATIA V5, or other 3D CAD experience.
- Certification/Knowledge of test equipment like Goniometer and integrating sphere.
- Basic programming experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Well versed in Microsoft office applications.
- Team player and self-motivated, and be able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Balanced judgment to operate within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
VP Total Solutions is a creative and flexible staffing firm specializing in contract to hire, long-term contract and direct placement. We have the ability to save companies thousands of dollars due to our low overhead business structure without compromising quality or quick turnaround.
IT, Automotive, Engineering, Clerical, Call Center, Manufacturing and General labor are just some examples of the industries we focus on. We literally have thousands of resumes in our database full of candidates that could be a perfect fit for your hiring needs.
With over 60 years of experience in the staffing business, we are professionals that analyze your business and company culture to ensure a great fit at a great rate!
We look forward to helping you with any upcoming projects or helping you manage your workforce by placing the right person in the right job!
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 06:48:36 PDT