BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST - JDA APPLICATIONS
Conducts analysis, design, and testing of the software development life cycle as well as assist with configuration and testing in support of application implementations. Primarily works on JDA applications but also may work on other applications and integrations as required. The Systems Analyst works closely with other Operational and IT resources including the Configuration, Training & Support, EDI, Development and Architecture teams to ensure quality software and application implementations.
1. Work closely with Operations, Configuration, Training & Support, Project Managers, EDI, Development and other internal and external customers in support of WMS and other application implementations.
2. Work with Operational, Customer and IT resources to gather requirements.
3. Analyze requirements and determine the best, most logical and efficient approach for software design.
4. Create detailed functional specification documents for software development.
5. Create detailed test plans for UAT and Regression level testing for software changes, application implementation testing and integration testing as necessary.
6. Execute test plans and record and communicate issues to Configuration, Development, Architecture, EDI and Project Managers as necessary.
7. Provide 1st level support for issues related applications, investigate and resolve issues directly for the facilities or provide detailed information to 2nd level support team when necessary.
8. Determine the root cause of defects to prevent recurrence of the issues and quality problems. The Systems Analyst uses data collected from inspections and testing procedures to determine the cause of quality issues and provide solutions that are defect free.
9. Creation and maintenance of up-to-date documentation pertaining to core IT processes, software and business logic, software configuration as well as identification of hardware and infrastructure used to support.
10. Document system changes as they are released to production (Change Awareness). Supply knowledge and/or training as applicable to roll-out changes across applicable sites.
11. May need to provide after-hours 1st level support.
12. Other duties as requested
Minimum Qualifications/Additional Skills: •
3 years of experience in technical fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2-5 years of experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining ERP software applications functionality such as WMS, Distribution, Transportation, and Labor Management. •
JDA/RedPrairie WMS and WFM is a plus. •
Needs to be a first-class problem solver - Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail. •
Experience with SQL, C#, Java and JDA (RedPrairie) MOCA a benefit. •
Knowledge of any reporting engines would be a benefit (Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal or Jasper) •
Knowledge of supply chain, transportation, and warehouse industries. •
Familiar with quality assurance principles, inspection techniques and testing procedures •
Strong communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
Business Systems Analyst - JDA/WMS Applications May 2016
• Strong customer service orientation. •
25% travel to assist with system implementations, may be required
Nykin Groups is a dynamic, full-service systems integration and technology-consulting firm. We are an innovative, market responsive organization focused solely on helping clients solve the challenges of an ever-changing technology landscape. Nykin has succeeded in delivering solutions that increase the productivity and profitability of our client operations. Nykin has become a vital resource in the technology sector. We are committed to placing highly skilled technical professionals with employers. Whether the need is permanent of contract, Nykin provides exceptional services.
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:02:48 PDT