2/3 Instructor/Assistant Professor of Biology - Anatomy and Physiology, Starting September 1, 2017
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Two-thirds part-time position at the Instructor level in the areas of Anatomy and Physiology. This position is renewable each year upon positive recommendation of the Biology Program.
Responsibilities: Teaching responsibilities will include Anatomy and Physiology lecture and labs as well as General Biology. In addition, teaching responsibilities may include Introductory Biology lecture and labs, Genetics lecture and labs, and courses in the University’s General Studies “common”. Teaching load is 16 credit hours per academic year, with courses carrying 4 hours credit and laboratories 2 hours credit. Evening teaching responsibilities are possible.
Qualifications: A Ph.D. in Biology or terminal degree in a related field (DVM, MD) is required for appointment as an Assistant Professor; ABD or Master’s degree in Biology or related area required for appointment as Instructor. Teaching experience in Introductory Biology and/or Anatomy and Physiology courses is a plus. We seek a colleague who is committed to teaching excellence in a liberal arts environment. Stockton is committed to building a culturally-diverse faculty and student body.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of application
- A current resume
- A brief statement of your teaching philosophy and research goals
- Three confidential letters of recommendation
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.