Program Director, MA in Modern Art History (F017)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Program Director of the Master of Arts in Modern Art History, Theory, and Criticism
Position Tracking Number: F017
School/College: College of Music and the Arts
Department: Art and Design
Location: Azusa campus
Description: The Program Director of Modern Art History directs the online Master of Arts in Modern Art History, Theory, and Criticism, teaches in the program, ensures academic excellence and innovation in the program, and coordinates the program's curriculum and adjunct faculty. This thriving graduate program began in 2013, and the university is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) with secondary accreditation from the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
The Department of Art and Design is housed within the School of Visual and Performing Arts in the College of Music and the Arts. The Department of Art and Design offers BA and BFA degrees at the undergraduate level and MA and MFA degrees at the graduate level. The College of Music and the Arts is focused on exceptional artistic development and the incorporation of authentic Christian faith. These dual aspirations extend and enrich our influence on culture.
Specialization: Art History
- Coordinate with college and university leadership to recruit and admit students for the M.A. program.
- Coordinate adjunct faculty for the program.
- Manage course content, development and delivery for the program.
- Advise all students within the program.
- Teach selected online courses offered in the M.A. Modern Art History curriculum.
- Work with the college leadership to ensure program compliance with accreditation, academic policies, student issues, and alumni outreach.
- Manage the program's operational budget
- Support student success and retention by working with other team members, faculty and advisors, while maintaining confidentiality of vital information.
- Active participation in service to the University through committee participation, School and/or University level as well as service to the broader professional community.
- Maintain active professional scholarship and ongoing relationships with the greater Art History field.
- Advance the APU mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean
Level: Faculty rank commensurate with experience.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Ph.D. in Art History.
- Record of strong scholarship, administrative experience, and excellent interpersonal skills required.
- A commitment to excellence in teaching and research.
- Ability to develop and evaluate new and existing programs.
- Transparent, collaborative leadership skills.
- Superior oral and writing communication skills.
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (Faculty members are required to sign a "Statement of Faith," available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe, and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook)
- Demonstration of collegial teamwork, desire to collaborate with colleagues and contribute to the College of Music and the Arts.
- Experience with online teaching technologies and instructional strategies.
Experience: Professional expertise and experience commensurate with specific position requirements.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.