Flex-Hybrid Electronics Development Engineer
SI2 Technologies, Inc. (SI2), located in N. Billerica, MA, develops, delivers and supports antennas, arrays, sensors and absorber systems for our customers in the defense and aerospace markets. In the defense market, our solutions enhance the warfighter's effectiveness while providing increased protection against current, new and emerging threats. SI2 is a small business which offers a dynamic, merit based work environment where highly motivated employees excel and are urged to reach their full potential. SI2 is currently seeking highly inventive and motivated candidates for a Flex-Hybrid Electronics Development Engineer position who can enhance SI2's existing flex-hybrid electronics, printed electronics and additive manufacturing capabilities and develop new flex-hybrid electronic materials and processes to maintain the Company's position as a leader in our industry. To be successful in this position, candidates must be innovative, enjoy learning and expanding their knowledge base, and thrive on solving difficult materials and process issues. In addition, good communication skills are key to determining customers' needs and creating winning contract R&D proposals. The ideal candidate likes working on a team and thrives on learning new approaches to solve challenging problems. In short, a team player who loves to see the team win!
SI2 offers a dynamic, merit based work environment where highly motivated employees excel and are urged to reach their full potential. Come join our success and grow with the strength of our fascinating new products. We are looking for the individual with confidence and the right stuff to join our team!
Job Function Responsibilities and Job Function Deliverables
As a fulltime employee, the successful Flex-Hybrid Electronics Development Engineer will be responsible for the following job functions:
- Execute & provide materials and processing expertise on technical tasks for existing and new contracts to develop flex-hybrid antenna, sensor and power systems; communicate challenges, approaches and results, and support the Program Manager in setting cost and schedule requirements
- Leverage SI2's capabilities in Direct Write materials and processing to deliver enhanced capabilities in the manufacturing of printed electronics including new materials (e.g. nanotechnology, energy storage, etc.) and processes (e.g. flex-hybrid chip placement, additive manufacturing, conventional printing techniques, roll-to-roll and sheet-to-sheet processing, etc.) that enable the design and manufacture of higher performance, lower cost electronic systems.
- Develop numerical material and process models to deliver capability to simulate manufacturing approaches and predict electronic system performance; Validate models via experimentation; Identify critical material and process indicators and establish control parameters; Improve efficiency and productivity of current printing processes.
- Work with suppliers and customers to develop and deliver new processes and materials; Characterize new inks, surface treatments, substrates, and coatings; Define appropriate characterization protocol; Perform and analyze data for various materials characterization techniques including electron microscopy, gas chromatography, mass spectroscopy, etc.
- Research industry needs and participate in conferences and workshops to identify and deliver trendsetter ideas within the industry; Work individually and with SI2's team of engineers, management and subcontractors to develop competitive solutions for contract R&D proposals; Develop whitepapers, demonstrations, and proposals to identify, qualify and capture new contract R&D business; Identify customer requirements and define solutions for customers that achieve overall Company goals and objectives.
- Participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, and participate in professional organizations to continue to deliver up-to-date job knowledge; Enhance Company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The highly qualified candidate will possess the following skills and proficiencies:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- A Ph.D. degree, or an M.S. degree with 4+ years' relevant experience, in Materials Science and Engineering or a related technical field is required; Experience in securing and executing DOD proposals and contracts. Must be willing to continue professional development activities.
- Proven R&D track record with printed electronics materials and processes, preferably digital printing technology such as inkjet; Hands-on R&D experience with nanoparticulate materials, solutions and inks, and thick film materials and processes; Conformal, flexible and/or roll to roll electronics processing skills is preferred; Experience with RF and microwave materials is a plus.
- Experience developing numerical models and simulations of material processes using MATLAB and/or similar computational tools; Skilled at developing and implementing Design of Experiments (DoE); Working knowledge of various materials analysis techniques; Proficient at analyzing test results and relating them to process models.
- Hands-on experience writing, winning and executing R&D contracts and grants, e.g. BAAs, SBIRs, etc., for DoD and/or other US Government agencies. Experience working in a small business environment is a strong plus. Technical experience working with the DoD and Defense Prime Contractors on contract R&D programs. Previous relationships with Defense Prime Contractor and DoD SME's is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) and leadership qualities. Team-player with ability to influence and motivate others. Innovative, enthusiastic and open to new ideas. Enjoy teamwork and excel in a dynamic multi-tasking, small business environment.
- Ability to travel, as required, to prospective and existing customer and vender facilities, conferences and trade shows.
- Merit-based Team Work - We have assembled an action-oriented team of smart, creative and energetic technical and business experts passionate about our mission. The dynamic team is comprised of highly educated and talented people in the fields of electrical, mechanical, materials, manufacturing and aerospace engineering and physics. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are the keys to our performance. Our team works in an energetic, flexible and small business environment. Each member of the team is offered the reward of individual responsibility with professional mentoring and support to excel and discover his/her full potential to make the greatest impact to the team.
- Innovative Technology - We solve complex warfighter problems through "smart" electronic system solutions. Our solutions utilize a combination of conventional and proprietary design, materials and manufacturing techniques to enhance the warfighter's effectiveness while providing increased protection against current, new and emerging threats. Using this technology, our team creates rapid, innovative and cost-effective solutions to the complex and ever-changing battlefield problems facing today's warfighters... We make things smartTM.
- Excellent Compensation - We believe in rewarding the hard work of our employees with a generous benefits program that we strive to improve and upgrade to meet the needs of our employees. We offer an attractive, complete benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability insurance, Flexible Spending - Health and Dependent Care, 401(k), fully vested Company contribution to 401(k), educational reimbursement and more. In addition, our employees receive paid time off for holidays, illness, personal use and vacation.
SI2 Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEOC - M/F/D/VEEO.
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume, salary requirements and statement of citizenship to email@example.com. Reference the Job Opportunity Title in the subject line.
Attention Agencies & Other Vendors:
At this time, SI2 Technologies, Inc. is not seeking any outside assistance to find qualified employees.
SI2 Technologies, Inc. (SI2) develops, delivers and supports antennas, arrays, sensors and absorber systems for our customers in the defense and aerospace markets. In the defense market, our solutions enhance the warfighter's effectiveness while providing increased protection against current, new and emerging threats. The company is located in N. Billerica, MA.
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:15:08 PDT