Budget and Forecast Analyst
Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, in 26 facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ("NSI"), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
In general, the Budget and Forecast Analyst is responsible for the owning the budgeting process and forecast planning for the organization.
Financial Reporting Management
- Prepares the appropriate templates for respective departing in preparation for budgeting and forecasting.
- Meets with all departments of the organization to explain the expectations of the budget process and addresses any questions regarding the process.
- Complies with the approved policy of budgeting regarding the deadlines and the management of the budgeting process.
- Ensures timely receipt of each department's budget estimates and critically examines them for accuracy, completeness, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives.
- Reviews previous budgets and considers the benefits / losses incurred during the previous financial years related to budget planning.
- Recommends amendments or changes in the budget to leadership, if applicable.
- Consolidates the data for budget presentation and also provides an overview of the financial status of all the operations.
- Prepares the quarterly cash forecast on a monthly basis.
- Updates ERP System with budget / forecast data.
- Monitors the budget regularly throughout the year.
- Participates in month-end financial close activities.
- Prepares and reviews monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensures that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements, systems updates or enhancements, and reporting through independent investigation and research. Recommends and assists in the implementation of solution options.
- Maintains confidentiality of organization's financial information.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Formal Education and Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance OR Associate's degree and 5 or more year's related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Experience
- Automotive environment experience required; 5 years or more experience in accounting function at a tier one automotive supplier preferred.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Comfortable using a computer and possess high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), organization skills, and attention to detail for accuracy.
- Support continuous improvement in all areas of the company.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - shows appreciation for the problems and ideas of others.
- Ability to problem solve and self-identify quality solutions.
- Adaptation/Flexibility: Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/ Results Driven: Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/ Decision Making: Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management: Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team work: Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
Travel: Ability to travel