Technical Customer Support
We are seeking a Technical Customer Support to join our team! You will be responsible for helping customers by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues.
Manage a diverse and complex scope of support issues directly related to the use, support and implementation of Server backup and recovery.
- Provide customer support and technical issue resolution via phone, e-mail, and other electronic medium.
- Implement and manage the SugarSync® and KeepItSafe® solutions for direct and indirect customers.
- Troubleshoot problems backing up and restoring with customer and take or suggest corrective action.
- Log tickets, defects, enhancements with enough detail to be understood and resolved by others.
- Prioritize issues and manage time effectively, taking accountability for resolving customer issues
- Perform timely escalation of support related issues to various departments for further analysis and resolution
- Attempt first call case resolution, software/network troubleshooting and proactive support services
- Work well in a team and provide team members support and guidance when required.
- Share best practices with other team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of global support services.
- Effectively interact with other members of the team to provide solutions to complex technical issues.
- Perform other duties as requested and within areas of expertise
Job Requirements and Experience:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of a broad range of software and hardware infrastructure technologies.
- 1-3 years of experience in technical software support, providing ticketed phone and email support
- Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written).
- Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative.
- Advanced networking and server troubleshooting skills.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- General or above average knowledge of Windows Server administration including Active Directory, Group Policies, Volume Shadow Service (VSS), and system registries .
- Working to above average knowledge of Apple OS and Linux.
- Basic understanding of concepts of Security, Encryption, Compression, Cloud, and OS File Systems.
- Experience with backup & recovery platforms
- Experience with planning or executing system and site recoveries
- Working to above average knowledge of VMware, HyperV, and Storage environments
- General or above average knowledge of database technology including MS Exchange and MS SQL Server
j2 Cloud Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are located in Hollywood and offer:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and 401k
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transit Reimbursement
About j2 Cloud Services:
Founded in 1995, j2 Cloud Services (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 14:55:54 PDT