Sales Engineer - Pre-Sales
Vistara Sales Engineer - West Coast
Vistara provides a comprehensive SaaS solution for modern IT operations that is currently used by over 1100 customers. We are looking for a Sales Engineer based in Northern California. The Sales Engineer, SE, provides pre-sales technical support to Vistara Sales Reps and customers covering all of the company's family of products in North America.. The SE makes pre-sales calls on prospective clients, participates in local and regional seminars, and acts as the technical account manager for existing customers. This is a technical position supporting Sales. We are looking for a heavy infrastructure background who has dealt with IT teams
- Department: Sales
- Title Sales Engineer, Enterprise Software
- Location: North America
- Reports to: Vice President of Sales
- The Sales Engineer (SE) provides pre-sales technical support to Vistara Sales Reps (SR) and customers covering all of the company's family of products.
- The SE and SR work in tandem to formulate account strategies.
- The SE makes pre-sales calls on prospective clients, participates in local and regional seminars, and acts as the technical account manager for existing customers.
- The SE is the focal point for customer evaluations, proof of concepts, and demos.
- The SE is expected to stay abreast of current industry technology, trends, and competition.
- The SE will spend a considerable amount of time talking in front of customers in small (round table) discussions as well as large (seminar) audiences.
- The SE will work in tandem with the SR(s) in fulfilling sales goals and responding to RFI/RFPs.
- The SE may act as a focal point in case of a technical post-sales escalation for current customers. Some travel will be required.
- The SE will perform system deployment, installation, and integration of Vistara solutions in customer environments.
- SE'S should be self-motivated, able to work well with multiple sales reps, and be creative in obtaining information and solving problems.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years plus of experience supporting IT solutions into Mid-market, large enterprise accounts and complex organizations using consultative sales techniques.
- 5 years plus of infrastructure experience
- BS/BA in CS/EE a plus
- Strong Windows & VMWare skills
- Previous startup experience
- Familiarity with infrastructure related solutions from other competitors
- The SE must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The SE must be able to talk about technical subjects and deliver technical presentation to a wide array of audiences with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- The SE must be able to transfer knowledge to inexperienced customers and VAR's.
- The SE must have a desire to learn new technologies and enjoy doing "hands-on" work with Vistara technology and other relevan technologies.
- The SE must possess various personal traits like excellent inter-personal skills, high energy, flexible, self- motivated, trustworthy, team player and dependable.
- Has excellent follow through skills.
Vistara is disrupting the way the enterprise manages IT operations.
Vistara is a proven SaaS platform for IT operations lifecycle management. Vistara provides enterprise IT and service providers the unified command center that they need to manage on-premise infrastructure and dynamic cloud resources and deliver service centric insights to their business.
IT Operations Management, Hybrid Cloud Management, Software as a Service, DevOps Enablement
San Jose, CA
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 13:37:07 PDT