NWP is seeking to hire an experienced Accountant to join our growing team in our office in Ann Arbor, MI.
Summary: The Accountant I produces accurate and timely financial information for clients and is further responsible for maintaining comprehensive records and documentation for client audit purposes.
The Accountant I is accountable for delivering client financial reporting through internal operational effectiveness of the accounting and internal controls functions, that will support and produce positive customer experiences for our external client base. He/she is also accountable for producing creative ideas about how to improve financial performance through innovation and effective measurements.
- Provide timely and accurate financial information and a basic analysis of that information to clients.
- Implement policies and procedures that ensure adequacy of internal controls, safekeeping of assets, efficient operations and compliance with GAAP accounting rules, as appropriate.
- Assists in development of long-term strategies for growth and maintenance of department resources.
- Recommend technology focused solutions to enable people and system scalability.
- Develop & maintain supportive working relationships with associates and support team leaders.
- Provide technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Align all work and resource management with NWP's mission, values, goals and strategic objectives.
- Exemplify, foster and lead the organization through NWP's policies and Corporate Values - Execute As Champions, Accountability, Delighted Customers, Commitment to Our Associates, Teamwork, Passion for Innovation
For Communication, Teamwork, Efficiency;
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
- Work independently & troubleshoot as needed, especially before or after normal business hours
- Escalate and communicate problems/statuses to management and appropriate team members
- Communicate recommendations for process improvements
- Decrease turnaround times
- Work cooperatively and jointly with internal/external customers to provide quality service and to streamline workflows
- Work special projects when necessary
- Two years related experience
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Prior experience in general ledger accounting is highly desirable
- Prior experience with residential or commercial property accounting is highly desirable
- Prior experience with MRI, Yardi, Realpage or other property accounting systems is highly desirable
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed
- Solid documentation skills, writing and reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products
We offer a competitive salary and benefits! Due to the high volume of inquiries we will not be able to accept phone calls at this time. Interested candidates should send resumes along with salary expectations.
NWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, for more information about our excellent company, please visit our website at www.nwp.com
NWP Services Corporation (NWP), a RealPage company, is a leading provider of utility management, resident and property operation services that enable multi-housing properties to drive down their costs. For two decades, NWP has worked alongside its multi-family housing customers to save them money and time while keeping their residents happy. Additional information about our company is available at www.nwpsc.com.
Ann Arbor, MI
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:09:40 PDT