Research Assistant, LIFE-Moms/SMART
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
The Biostatistics Center is an off-campus research facility of The George Washington University located in Rockville, Maryland. The Biostatistics Center serves as the coordinating center for large scale multi-center clinical trials and epidemiologic studies mostly funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other Federal agencies. The Biostatistics Center is a leader in the statistical coordination of major medical research programs of national and international scope, frequently leading to major medical advances. Visit our website: www.bsc.gwu.edu.
The Biostatistics Center’s Research Assistant is responsible for maintaining data quality and reporting and acts as liaison to clinical sites. The position assists with research study management and administration and work independently as well as in a team serving as the Coordinating Center for two research studies: NIH-funded “Lifestyle Interventions for Expectant Moms (LIFE-Moms)” and Natera-funded “SNP-based Microdeletion and Aneuploidy RegisTry (SMART)”.
Essential duties include:
- Conducts database management, data editing and auditing using programming skills as required.
- Works with programmers and developers to maintain and test new features of the web based data management system.
- Ensures compliance with protocol and overall trial objectives.
- Performs maintenance tasks on study website including uploading documents, updating directory and providing technical support to clinical staff.
- Uses detailed knowledge of protocol, manual of procedures, data forms, and other study documents to answer queries from clinical center staff and to interact with in-house team.
- Takes full responsibility for identifying and troubleshooting data problems and provide prompt, complete resolution and follow through.
- Assists in preparing final study documentation and archival, as required.
- Participates in site visits and study group meetings that may require travel to other locations in the Washington metropolitan area or other cities in the US.
- Documents all new processes and procedures, as well as maintains study documents and documentation of changes.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
A BA/BS in related discipline is required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and communication (oral and written) skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of SAS or other programming language
- Experience in data management
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Rockville College/School/Department: Biostats Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Field Research Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 35 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: RP000278 Job Open Date: 03/30/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter