2018 Cardiovascular and Thoracic Imaging Fellowship
Open date: June 1st, 2016
Last review date: March 31st, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: May 31st, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are currently accepting applications for fellowship positions in the Department of Radiological Sciences at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center, for the academic year 2018-2019. The Department offers fellowships in seven different subspecialty areas, for advanced clinical training.
Fellowships are at the Health Sciences Clinical Instructor level, based at UC Irvine Medical Center, and will have the benefits and privileges of this position through the University of California, Irvine.
Our mission, within the Department, and in a broader context as a University of California School of Medicine campus, is to provide an excellent educational experience so as to produce highly trained fellows who will go on to become leaders in their subfields. We believe that we provide an optimal combination of study volume, procedure volume, experience with sequencing/protocoling, academic time, and optional research time, to produce very knowledgeable, balanced radiologists, with cutting edge knowledge of their subspecialties.
A one-year fellowship is offered which is under the direction of Dr. Mayil Krishnam (one position). The selected fellow will be appointed to the faculty of the UC Irvine School of Medicine as Health Sciences Clinical Instructor. This fellow will receive faculty benefits including paid vacation and educational reimbursements. Academic time is given to support research and other academic activities.
This fellowship provides comprehensive training in diagnostic imaging of the cardiac, whole body vascular and thoracic diseases using radiography, CT, CTA, MRI, and MRA. The fellow has the opportunity to learn advanced cardiovascular imaging including real time cine imaging, phase contrast MRA, myocardial tagging, time-resolved MRA, high spatial resolution MRA, free-breathing non-contrast SSFP MRA, high resolution whole heart coronary MRA, viability and perfusion MR imaging, low dose coronary CTA, pulmonary vein mapping and triple rule out. Interested fellow will also have the opportunity to perform interventional procedures, including lung or mediastinal biopsy, chest tube placement, or tumor ablation under the supervision of the interventional radiology division.
The fellow will work with state-of-the-art equipment, including:
• 64 Siemens and 128, 256 x2 Philips CT scanners with advanced cardiac package
• 1.5 T Siemens (Avanto) MR machine with cardiac software
• 3.0 T Siemens (Trio) MR machine with cardiac software with Tim Technology
• 32 channel 3.0 T Philips with Multitransmit coil technology wih advanced cardiac package
• 64 CT-PET GE scanner with cardiac package
Application Procedure - To apply, please log onto UC Irvine's recruitment site located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03420
For further information pertaining to this recruitment please contact:
Melissa Khy, Fellowship and Medical Student Coordinator
Department of Radiological Sciences
University of California, Irvine Medical Center
101 The City Drive South
Douglas Hospital, Room 0115, Route 140
Orange, CA 92868
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Orange, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://www.radiology.uci.edu/fellowships.asp
- Department Application - Department Application form on the website.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Recent Photo
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Transcripts (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - Required - Statement addressing your commitment and experience with Teaching. As part of the fellowship training, you are required to teach residents and medical students. (Optional)
3 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now