Student Financial Services Campus Operations Specialist
The SFS Campus Operations Specialist is responsible for the effective operations of the campus Business Office at each of their assigned campuses - this many include travel between assigned campuses. Primary responsibilities include the Business Office's compliance with all established policies and procedures of Strayer University; promoting an environment that is both student-centered and fully compliant with established University guidelines and regulations from accreditors and external agencies; and managing collections and bad debt, and compliance with student registration guidelines.
- Ensures that the University's established Mission and Standards of Ethical Conduct are fully upheld.
- Acts as a point of contact to handle student account inquiries and follows-up with all received emails and voicemails within two business days.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments to achieve common goals.
- Assists students electing to use financial aid with the appropriate application process and conducts on-going follow-up with students and/or Corporate's Student Financial Services to resolve issues which could result in disbursement delays.
- Attends staff meetings as appropriate; reviews activities and statistical reports with Campus Operations Manager and SFS Management Team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, collections, and financial aid processes.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of student payment plans.
- Ensures that campus facilities, including classrooms, learning resource center, and computer lab are maintained in a professional manner with necessary resources and are operational and available to students, faculty and staff.
- Ensures that monies owed to the University are received, posted, and deposited accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the finalization of student registrations are in accordance with established University policy.
- Implements activities to manage quarterly collection and bad debt expenses. This includes follow-up activities related to sponsor billing, timely collection of promissory payments, and placing delinquent accounts into the collections process as outlined by the University.
- Monitors inventory of consumable supplies and other expenses, creates purchase orders, and submits campus invoices for payment and assists the Accounting division with year-end close out.
- Monitors policy compliance in accordance with Strayer University, State, and Federal rules and regulations.
- Monitors student accounts and communicates with students to resolve outstanding balances.
- Must be able to work evenings and some weekends
- Must be committed to providing a high-level of customer service and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Oversees file organization and data base maintenance.
- Possess the ability to work independently and be detail-oriented.
- Processes student payments received at the campus and assist with the daily reconciliation process.
- Proficiency in time management and possess the ability to multi-task
- Promotes a work environment that is positive, student-centered, and compliant with established policies and procedures.
- Reviews and inputs third party contract authorization documentation to ensure all information is complete for billing purposes.
- Timely and accurately responds to student inquiries regarding Business Office functions and generates related documents needed by students (current and past).
- Timely assistance and completion of student registrations in compliance with established University policy.
- Bachelor's degree desired but not required
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- 1-5 years of financial aid processing experience or related work experience desired.
- Ability to follow prescribed criteria and make decisions based on these criteria.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, and strong managerial skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively perform in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in working with Federal Student Financial Aid programs is preferred.
- Develop proficiency and become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in specific financial aid processes or procedures to include return to Title IV, grants, tuition assistance, Audits, and Satisfactory Academic Progress among others.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
A credit check will be conducted on applicants for particular job categories, such as Student Financial Services positions, in accordance with applicable law. An offer of employment for a position that requires a credit check will be made contingent upon Strayer's receipt of a satisfactory credit report.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected].
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.