Computer Science and Information Systems Part-time Faculty
This is an opportunity to empower students to change their lives and enrich our community.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
The Montgomery College Department of Engineering, Physical, Computer Science & Technology (EPCS&T) at the Germantown, Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus is currently accepting applications for possible openings for part-time faculty members to teach Computer Science and Information Systems courses. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The faculty member will be primarily responsible for teaching courses in current Computer Science and Information Systems curriculum.
• Faculty members are expected to hold office hours, attend required meetings and will have the opportunity to participate in professional development activities.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• Master's degree or higher in Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Science or relevant field from an accredited university
• Knowledge of the Computer Languages (i.e Java, C++, C#.NET), the Computer Concepts
• College level teaching experience.
• Doctorate Degree in teaching area
• Proficiency with some of the following Java, C++, Operating Systems, Computer Concepts, System Analysis and Design
• Knowledge of the Mobile Programming ( Android, IPhone), C#.NET or VB.NET
• Demonstrate excellence in classroom instruction using a variety of teaching methods
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds and/or underprepared students
• Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission
• Experience in distance delivery and other instructional methods
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.