Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Licensed Clinical Social Worker-1603360
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
Master's Degree in Social Work; Licensed Clinical Social Worker required. A minimum of four (4) years of experience in a health-care or behavioral health setting. Experienced in care coordination and negotiating systems.
Supervisory experience with students preferred. Familiarity with, and a commitment to, addressing health disparities experienced by underserved/marginalized individuals and communities. Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Brief Description of Duties:
Stony Brook University’s School of Social Welfare (SBUSSW) is assuming responsibility for the operation of the social service department of the SUNY College for Optometry’s University Eye Center, an OMH licensed Article 28 clinic. The University Eye Services Center works with a wide range of patients including low vision, advanced care needs, traumatic brain injury, pediatric, special needs, older adults, diabetic and rehabilitation. SBUSSW seeks to hire a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to manage the social service department. The position will be part of an interdisciplinary, patient-centered care team and will oversee coordination of behavioral health services.
- Using an integrated medical-behavioral health approach, provide diagnostic bio-psychosocial-medical assessments, care coordination and mental health services for patients and their families.
- Conducting short-term therapeutic interventions for individuals and families, including facilitating groups, with appropriate treatment plans, goals, and objectives.
- Developing care coordination plans for a caseload of patients with a diverse range of needs.
- Supervising social work student interns.
- Providing tracking and follow-up with patients to ensure compliance and that any eligible benefits are successfully accessed.
- Educating medical staff and students regarding psychosocial issues related to patient care.
- Documenting services by utilizing electronic records system.
- Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and professional standards including Article 28 and JCAHO and that services are properly documented for successful reimbursement.
- Collaborating with the interdisciplinary team to establish an evaluation and quality assurance mechanism.
- Maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external service providers involved in care planning interventions, sharing regular status updates and participating in case conference.
Special Notes: **Please note that this position is based in Midtown Manhattan**FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain the FLSA exemption
Stony Brook University will be 100% tobacco-free starting January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:
Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. SBU is a comprehensive research-intensive university and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes 34 public universities among its 62 members. SBU consists of 12 schools and colleges and a teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art healthcare in the Long Island region. SBU also manages and performs joint research with Brookhaven National Laboratory, the only Department of Energy Laboratory in the Northeast, and shares doctoral programs with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned molecular biology institute. Home to the Emerson String Quartet, the Jackson Pollack House in East Hampton, New York, the Humanities Institute, and the Southampton Arts Program, and with endeavors that extend to the Turkana Basin Institute in Kenya and the Ranomafana National Park in Madagascar, SBU sustains an international reputation that cuts across the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Senior Counselor
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Department/Hiring Area: School of Social Welfare at SUNY Optometry Manhattan-Stony Brook University
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30m - 5:00 pmSchool of Social Welfare at SUNY Optometry Manhattan-Stony Brook University
Posting Start Date: Mar 28, 2017
Posting End Date: May 1, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: $64,000 - $83,000/Ann@1.0FTE CWE
Salary Grade: SL4