Chief of Estimating and Construction
The Chief of Estimating and Construction has overall responsibility for planning, coordinating, and directing the estimating and construction functions, including administering operating budgets, work assignments, and project team leadership. Responsible for the oversight of the estimating process for all project bids and will establish standardized procedures, methods and processes for estimating and training estimating resources.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Vice President with the overall execution of all estimating and construction functions to ensure successful completion of all awarded projects.
- Evaluate project performance against goals and take necessary action to address opportunity areas
- Approve cost estimates, staffing plans, and schedules; establish and maintain effective relationships with all internal functions and subcontractors
- Participate in evaluating, hiring, managing, and terminating assigned staff
- Assign day to day responsibilities for estimating and construction personnel
- Identify and appropriately mitigate risk
- Actively build subcontractor/supplier database and relationships to ensure best pricing options
- Engage in leadership and management techniques that are above reproach
- Oversee analysis of past performance on projects and establish estimating standards for all future estimates based on such analysis, and assist in oversight of the historical cost database and bid management and estimating software
- Collaborate on final procedures, processes, techniques and personnel decisions for assigned projects
- Works with Vice President to oversee department standards for deliverables such as bid packages, deliverable formats and budget tracking tools
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field
- 10+ years of experience estimating and project management in industrial construction industry / heavy civil
- Background in asphalt or paving a must!
- 5+ years of experience leading others include managing teams remotely
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills
- Ability to break down construction operations into logical sequence of activities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 20%
- Must possess a strong work ethic; ability to meet deadlines and put in time needed to complete project
Head, Inc. is dedicated to serving our customers construction needs and are specialists in airfield concrete paving. The desire to perform in an exemplary manner is an attitude shared by everyone at Head, Inc. from our field labor force to the President. We strive to meet the needs of the various government entities we service across the US.
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 11:02:40 PDT