Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Prevention Research Center
Program Innovations Professional Research Assistant
Position #  - Requisition # 
The Prevention Research Center, a section of the Department of Pediatrics, is recruiting a half-time Professional Research Assistant to support the Program Innovations research project. The Prevention Research Center for Family and Child Health (PRC) has been a section in the Department of Pediatrics since 1993. The PRC is devoted to improving the health and functioning of at-risk children and their families through developing, testing, and replicating community based health care interventions. The primary work conducted by the Center has been to develop and support the national and international replication of a program of prenatal and infancy/toddler home-visiting by nurses known as the Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP). Today, a significant portion of the Center's work consists of supporting longitudinal follow-ups of the randomized clinical trials of the NFP to examine its long-term effects on health over the life-course, and conducting research to improve NFP effectiveness.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
- The half-time Professional Research Assistant will provide research support including conducting literature searches, compiling articles for literature reviews, assessing qualitative data using qualitative data software, administering surveys and contributing to research team discussions on program innovations.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Complete basic literature search for literature reviews
- Compile articles for literature reviews
- Coordinate and assess qualitative data in NVivo or other qualitative data software
- Develop, administer, run analysis of various surveys using Survey Monkey or other survey software
- Review and edit documents
- Contribute to discussions on program innovations, quality improvement and maternal/child public health
- Develop and maintain electronic files related to NFP innovations projects and Innovations Advisory Committee (IAC)
- Assist with planning, arrangements, set up and tear down of in person IAC meeting with 90 participants
- Schedule, develop agenda, take notes, revise and distribute notes for research meetings, calls and webinars for a minimum of 12 calls/meetings/month
- Develop and maintain tracking system for action steps and project deliverables from meetings
- Other duties as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Bachelor of science degree in basic science field, public health or statistics.
- Experience using electronic software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- 1 year experience working in a lab or other academic environment.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detail oriented which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors,
- Self-motivated, a fast learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience that demonstrates professionalism,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work in a complex environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong grasp of office protocols, procedures, resourcefulness and the ability to problem-solve
- Experience with Survey Monkey, qualitative software such as NVivo is helpful but not required.
- Research assistant experience preferred but not required
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $18,720 for a .50% FTE position and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Questions should be directed to Eleanor Yost, Eleanor.Yost@ucdenver.edu
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9019
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21657 - SOM-PEDS Prev Rsch Ctr
Posting Date: Mar 29, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Eleanor Yost
Posting Contact Email: Eleanor Yost@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00732448