Senior Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Prevention Research Center
Program Innovations Nurse Senior Professional Research Assistant
Position #  - Requisition # 
The Department of Pediatrics Section of Prevention Research Center has an opening for a full-time Senior PRA - Program Innovations Nurse.
The Prevention Research Center for Family and Child Health (PRC) is devoted to improving the health and functioning of at-risk children and their families through developing, testing, and replicating community based health care interventions. It has been a section in the Department of Pediatrics since 1993.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Example of Work
- Explore innovations to the NFP program in collaboration with the NFP National Service Office (NSO) and the Innovations Advisory Committee (IAC) that improve implementation and family outcomes
• Assess NFP data for trends (successful practices and concerns) that may be addressed through potential program innovation and as feedback to progress of current innovations
• Review new research, practices and efficiencies in NFP and in related professional fields for potential integration to the NFP program
• Participate in assessing feasibility of implementing innovations (risk/benefits, resources, readiness)
• Participate in developing processes to facilitate problem identification and decision-making related to innovations
• Assist with developing processes for translating and integrating NFP innovations into practice
• Facilitate implementation of program changes by working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop guidance, education, consultation and materials relevant to piloting, testing, and implementing NFP program innovations
- Provide consultation and support to NFP agencies related to program innovations
- Participate in facilitating the work of the Innovations Advisory Committee (IAC)
- Assess data for successes and challenges in implementing NFP innovations
- Assist in developing reports and presentations related to program innovations
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in nursing, or BSN in combination with master's degree in public health, psychology or related field.
- Experience in maternal-child health and/or public health
- Experience providing programs/services to low income and / or marginalized populations
Condition of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Must be willing and able to pass a 10 panel drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to both lead and collaborate with a team of colleagues
- Knowledge/expertise in research methods and quality improvement
- Knowledge of use of office
- Experience working directly in Nurse-Family Partnership
- Experience in integrating health care programs
- Master's degree in nursing plus an additional master's degree in public health, education, psychology or related field.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $85,000 to $95,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Questions should be directed to Eleanor Yost, Eleanor.email@example.com
Review of applications will begin upon position posting and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9017
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21657 - SOM-PEDS Prev Rsch Ctr
Posting Date: Mar 29, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Eleanor Yost
Posting Contact Email: Eleanor Yost@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00732447