National Electrical Code Exam Preparation Instructor
Instructor needed to teach NEC exam preparation classes to apprentice electricians as well as degree Electrical Engineers. Instructor will deliver classroom training and an end of class exam using provided instructional materials. Classes taught at JCCC campus and offsite at client locations. Evening and daytime opportunities.
- Ability to communicate and interact with diverse audiences, from apprentice electricians to degreed Electrical Engineers
- Ability to teach using lecture, demonstration and discussion
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Ability to work independently
- Evening and daytime availability is preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally is preferred
- Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
- Minimum 5 years of electrical experience
- Extensive knowledge of the National Electrical Code
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Dependent on experience. Eligible for voluntary tax sheltered annuity, use of Lifetime Fitness Center, JCCC Hiersteiner Child Development Center, and Staff Development.
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Varied hours and days
The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for this position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.