LVN (Women's Health)
$50,640 - $64,224
UCR Health is a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the health of Inland Southern California residents and families by bringing health home to our communities.
Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region - bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to our communities. Our patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to the communities where we live, work and play. To learn more about UCR Health, please visit: www.ucrhealth.org
Under the direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN), mid-level provider, and/or physician and in consultation with the clinic manager, the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) provides professional care and treatment of patients. As a patient advocate, the LVN will also provide physical and psycho social support to patients, their friends and families. Maintains and clean equipment. Manages scheduling of all the Medical Assistants scheduling and covering staff shortages.
Incumbents may administer intermuscular or oral medications only on written orders; may hang and monitor I.V.'s according to policy; may maintain accurate and complete records of nursing care; and perform other related duties as required.
The position's primary work location will be in the UCR Health Women's Health / OB/GYN clinic and affiliate facilities.
1. Current, valid California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) license.
2. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
3. Documentation of completed training / competency for intravenous therapy.
4. A minimum of two years' experience as a LVN.
5. Excellent communication skills at level necessary for taking patients' medical histories, understanding provider and supervisor instructions, and for accurately documenting patients' medical information. Ability to effectively communicate with patient population and staff while demonstrating a high degree of diplomacy and tact.
6. Ability to multi -task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment.
7. Successful completion of a Department of Justice background check.
8. Familiar with protocols regarding specimen handling/bloodborne pathogens.
9. Ability to assist with patient mobility; move, transfer and position patients for rooming, exams, and procedures.
1. Experience with urodynamic procedures, testing, and calibrating equipment.
2. Experience in a women's health setting.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #12 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 55th among top public universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview