- Assistant Professor, Personal Financial Planning
- Regular, Tenure Track
- Nine-month academic appointment
RESPONSIBILITIES40% of FTE: Teaching
- Provide undergraduate/graduate instruction in courses relating to financial planning. Courses enable students to sit for the comprehensive CFP® Examination. The candidate will teach two, three credit hour, courses per semester.
- Experience in financial planning software is desired.
- Ability to educate from theoretical/conceptual bases, incorporating international applications.
- Mentor students in matters relative to their professional development and career placement.
- Work with or support departmental student professional organizations
- Initiate, conduct, and publish research in high quality academic journals in related disciplines.
- Obtain extramural support for research agenda and the missions of the department.
- Provide vision and mentorship for graduate students.
- Work collaboratively with current faculty.
- Publicly communicate research findings to our various constituents, including the public through media contacts and Cooperative Extension.
- Develop working relationships with industry partners
- Serve on department, college, and university committees.
- Earned doctorate in Personal Financial Planning, Finance, Consumer/Family Economics, or Economics.
- Other terminal degrees, such as a JD, will be considered.
- CFP® certificant, or within three years of hire, a requirement.
- Evidence of research competency and ability to mentor graduate students
- Teaching effectiveness in both resident and distance education
- Professional membership in relevant organizations.
- Collegiality and ability to work with existing faculty.
- Vision for curriculum development desired.
- Commensurate with qualifications. Competitive with national Human Sciences financial planning programs
Applications should be submitted on-line. Please be prepared to upload a letter of application, curriculum vita, statement of your philosophy regarding financial planning education, and official transcript(s) combined into one PDF or Microsoft Word document uploaded as a resume attachment.
Questions regarding the online application are best directed to Human Resources: (573) 882-7976, or PSHRSUPPORT@umsystem.edu
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: