Licensed Psychotherapist - Part-time, 24 hrs/week and 9.5 months per year
This announcement is for a master’s level licensed psychotherapist with training and experience working young adult populations. The Psychotherapist provides direct counseling and psychotherapeutic services to undergraduate students, including intake, crisis intervention, and individual and group psychotherapy. As appropriate, the Psychotherapist refers students to campus departments and community health providers for necessary services not provided by Emmons Wellness Center. The Psychotherapist reports to the Associate Director of Student Health Services/Director of Counseling Services. This is part-time position for 24 hours per week. This position operates during the academic year and begins August 1st and ends May 15th annually.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct counseling and psychotherapeutic services to undergraduate, graduate and professional students through assessment, crisis intervention and individual, couple and group psychotherapy;
- Work with Counseling team on issues related to student mental health needs;
- Collaborate with medical services staff to ensure a holistic approach to the medical and counseling needs of students;
- Provide trainings and resources to students, faculty and staff on issues related to the mental health needs of students.
- A minimum of five years of direct clinical work in a mental health capacity in a college/university counseling center (preferred), or a public/private non-profit agency (required).
- Strong demonstrated skills in diagnosis, evaluation, crisis intervention, and brief therapy; ability to conduct outreach activities and develop groups and programs; strong verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities; and a strong understanding of mental health and developmental needs of traditional-aged undergraduate college students.
- Must have experience working with individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including racial, cultural, gender and sexual identities. Preferred candidate will have an understanding of concepts related to social justice and how they can be integrated into the therapeutic process.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate.
- Demonstrated ability to function on a team.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, internet and email.
Education and Training Requirements:
M.A., M.S.W., Ph.D., Psy.D., or Ed.D. in Counseling and/or Clinical Psychology; licensed (proof of licensure required upon hire) as a psychologist, LPCC, LCSW, or LMFT in California.
Application review will begin immediately and positions are open until filled.
Apply for Licensed Psychotherapist - Part-time, 24 hrs/week and 9.5 months per year
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly