Program Specialist 2 - Dental Hygiene
Eastern seeks an experienced Program Specialist to fulfill operational responsibilities for assigned programs within our Dental Hygiene program.
The position will be responsible for coordinating program services and resources for two programs: Masters of Science in Dental Hygiene program, and the On-line Bachelor of Science Degree Completion program. Position requires performance of tasks and application of knowledge unique to the programs.
Position oversees day-to-day program operations and resolves problems within assigned scope of authority. Position plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates operations of the assigned programs as delegated by the Chair (position's supervisor). The position interprets, reviews and applies program policies and procedures, and develops plans for carrying out program activities. Position assesses the needs of the programs, and makes recommendations to the Department Chair. Position serves as the program liaison, has extensive contact with program participants, and provides advising and consultation to students, faculty, and outside entities regarding the programs.
Screening of applications will begin April 7, 2017. All materials will be held in strict confidence, and references will not be contacted prior to candidate notification.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 13,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications Studies, Health Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, or Health Services related field
- Work experience in higher education involving one or more of the following:
- Working in an administrative capacity
- Providing program management or program support beyond entry level work
- Working in a capacity involving student services
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is sensitive to the diverse needs of the students, faculty, administrators and the public.
- Master's Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, or health related field.
- Experience in using Banner Student Management System.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Student recruitment
- Program management