Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach
Description: Hartwick College (NCAA Division III and Empire 8 member institution) is accepting applications for the position of Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, 10-month position. Working in the primary capacity of an educator, the head coach enhances the student experience and satisfaction as well as raise the College’s image and reputation through a competitive athletic program. This position works to improve the student’s personal and teamwork skills and provide education, guidance, assessment and encouragement. This position publicizes Hartwick College through positive local and campus communities as well as regionally and/or nationally. This position is important to the recruitment and retention of students in accordance with college and academic standards.
- Oversee and lead the operations of a collegiate athletic team, including instructing scholar-athletes on the rules, fundamentals, regulations, equipment, strategies and techniques of the sport by designing instructions for individual student-athletes and team needs.
- Assess player’s skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and track athletic performance of students.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence, innovation and diversity by building healthy relationships with the students, responding to their concerns, advising students both personally and academically to contribute to their personal growth and academic success.
- Recruit qualified students in accordance with College standards.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Community Service.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external constituents.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (Master’s preferred) with between 3 and 5 years of experience in a head or assistant coach position. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective teaching methods and be able to provide academic guidance and mentoring to scholar-athletes. The candidate should possess excellent leadership, role modeling, organizational, interpersonal, time management, and written and verbal communication skills. Ability to multi-task and handle a job with a daily change of pace; supervisory skills a plus. General computer skills required including Microsoft software (Word, Office, Excel, etc.). Must have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of NCAA regulations and be up to date with safety, rules and regulations and proper certifications. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the College.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,400 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to "be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning."
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening "the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community." Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one document (pdf or MS Word preferred) to Jarvis McCowin, Coordinator of Inclusion, at email@example.com. Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820, or faxed to 607-431-4329.
Apply for Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly