Lecturer - Technology Programs (Engineering & Design)
The Department of Engineering & Design at Eastern Washington University invite applications for one full-time Lecturer position in the Technology Programs. Start date is spring quarter 2017.
We are seeking a broadly trained candidate who will be an inspirational teacher, role model, and mentor and who complements the strengths of our faculty in order to engage in instructionally intensive undergraduate programs in the B.S. in Technology Programs.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to teaching at the undergraduate level, course and program development and contributing to the continuous improvement and outcome-based assessment of the program. Courses to include but not limited to:
- TECH 330/331 Technology Problem Analysis & Design I/II
- TECH 393 Technology in World Civilization
- TECH 403 Computer-Aided Design and Project Management
- TECH 452 Engineering Economics
- TECH 454 Environmental Engineering
- TECH 456 Engineering Ethics, Contracts and Patents
- TECH 458 Quality Assurance
- TECH 462 Industrial Safety
- TECH 490 Senior Capstone
- TECH 491 Senior Project
- TECH 495 Internship
Position is open until further notice. Submit your application materials through our online faculty application portal located here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu
Submissions must include a letter of application which addresses each of the key responsibilities and qualifications of the position; curriculum vitae; and a list of three professional references with names, titles, organization names, addresses, email, phone numbers, and connection to you.
You will also be asked to complete a short candidate profile form as part of the online process. Applications will not be accepted via email, regular mail, or any other mode of transmission.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- BS in a Technology based Program by appointment date
- Masters in Education
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in teaching at the University level both in a standard classroom and distance-base education
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.