Human Factors Engineer
Human Factors Engineers
8 July 2016 - Global System Technologies, Inc. - Arlington, VA
GST provides engineering support to the TSA's Office of Security Capabilities. The Human Factors discipline is being asked to provide understanding for maximizing human perceptual capabilities, image interpretation, and decision making strategies to guide development of transportation security technology decisions, procedures, training, and will optimize human performance. Probable tasks include:
- Design optimal interface for Advanced Technology passenger screening (vendor agnostic)
- Revalidate/Redesign the On Screen Alarm Resolution Protocol (OSARP) for Checked Baggage screening and for AT passenger Checkpoint screening.
- Job task Analysis for Transportation Security Managers (TSM)s
- Assessment of mistrust in automation
- Assessment of bounding box effectiveness
- Data collection and assessment of passenger experience
- Vision Science Assessments on Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) and Behavior Detection Officers (BDOs)
- User interface design/evaluation
US CITIZENSHIP IS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED.
Candidates must be eligible for security clearance and be able to pass TSA's stringent financial responsibility standards.
Advanced degrees and existing Secret clearance preferred.
Job Type: Full-time or Expert Consulting
MS DEGREE IN Human Factors Engineering, Experimental Psychology, or related plus 3 years experience.
PREFER LOCAL TO GREATER WASHINGTON, DC AREA.
GST provides Professional Engineering and Logistics Support Services to various DoD & DHS agencies. Prime vendor for the Transportation Security Administration and the Dept of Homeland Security's Office of Science & Technology. GST has over 25 years of experience providing the DoD, FAA, and civilian aviation/ transportation security community with R&D, engineering, logistics, and information technology services. Our office locations include Absecon, NJ, Arlington, VA, Charleston, SC, etc. with corporate headquarters in a Philadelphia, PA suburb (Yardley).
GST is also the designer developer, and provider of the ERPGov Cloud Government Contract Management & Accounting system with built-in Time & Expense reporting.
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:37:31 PDT