Commissioning Agent - HVAC, Electrical, Enclosure
As a Commissioning Agent, you will support our team by overseeing the completion of work related to Commissioning on construction projects and Retro-Commissioning of existing facilities. The Commissioning Agent is responsible for supporting and supervising Cx activities using a rigorous, systematic, and documented process for both LEED and non-LEED projects. You will also support our Energy Engineers in developing energy efficiency recommendations and assist in implementing energy efficiency programs and equipment for various systems.
- Review design drawings and make recommendations that will optimize performance, create energy savings and reduce capital expenses for clients
- Review 'for construction' drawings and inspect installation of mechanical equipment in order to confirm specified equipment and accepted installation practices
- Write and perform commissioning plans, including functional performance checks
- Perform functional performance checks
- Perform energy audits of various facilities including higher education, commercial, healthcare, industry, manufacturing and municipalities
- Identify energy conservation projects that include both capital and operational measures
- Perform energy use benchmarks (Energy Star)
- Identify greenhouse gas reduction opportunities
- Perform calculations of energy savings and greenhouse gas reductions
- Prepare project implementation cost estimates
- Prepare technical reports and presentations
- Must be competent in performing ASHRAE Level I Audits and Retro - Commissioning
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (PE and/or CEM certification a plus)
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in performing commercial building commissioning efforts, energy audits and project feasibility studies
- Experience in performing energy load profile analysis and the use of energy benchmarking tools
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems and facility utility systems (steam, chilled water, etc)
- Experience in reviewing design drawings and making feasible recommendations for optimization, energy conservation and capital savings
- Experience in utilizing for construction drawings to field inspect implementation for design intent. Including, confirming installation of specified equipment and confirming accepted installation practices
- Working knowledge of distributed generation and cogeneration
- Energy project experience: screening, development and implementation.
- A willingness to learn and work in a team environment with extensive contact with clients
- Energy modeling experience is desirable but not required (DOE-2, HAP, E-Quest)
- Strong understanding of how systems affect energy consumption, required
- Experience in building design, "green" construction, and sustainable design, preferred
- Solid knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems used in commercial construction such as chillers, rooftop units, boilers, lighting, motors and drives, etc.
- Ability to interpret conceptual information and specifications for mechanical and electrical systems, and then develop energy calculation methodologies
- Ability to interpret construction documents and specifications
- Willingness to travel when needed - primarily Virginia, DC, and Maryland
- Ability to maneuver a job site, including small spaces in around our equipment, mechanical rooms, basements, HVAC equipment tunnels and roofs
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver's license
- Must have basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Commensurate with experience
We are looking for candidates who are goal focused individuals who want to succeed in the competitive energy engineering environment. All applicants will be subject to drug testing.
ENERActive Solutions (EAS) - an Edison Energy Company is an independent professional energy engineering consulting and project development company specializing in commissioning, energy audits, retro-commissioning, energy procurement, design development and implementation of energy conservation projects. This includes traditional HVAC mechanical projects and renewable energy technologies such as solar and wind.
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 06:58:53 PDT